1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way to Go Luvnbearhugs1 First 25 Straight!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Quack Shot, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Finally, After all this time, she managed to break a 25 straight. Good shooting! Now for the 50! She managed to shoot well at Millington's Winter League this past Sunday and broke the first 25 on the 16. Gun, Ammo, and Weather seemed to cooperate for her.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Great job lady! It is something you will not forget! Bill

3. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Don't ever think about 50 straight. Keep up the 25 straights! You'll shoot more and more of them and one day you'll go 50 and say "mmmm I just shot 50 straight!" That day will come. Congrats!!!

D. Davis thanked this.
  4. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Way to go Vicki! Break them all....

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

WTG Luvn!!! Breaking them one at a time sure adds up in the final tally!! Keep up the good shooting gurl!!

Hap

6. chipking

chipking TS Member

Good for you Luvn great shooting!!!

--- Chip King ---

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Very Nice Shooting there Luvn, I new you had it in you. Hope you went out and had a nice celebration later on. Congratulations on your first and may there be many,many more. You Broke-em all. Jeff

8. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Way to go,Vicki!!!!!!!!!! Paul in Virginia

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

CONGRATS girl. We're happy for you :)

Devi and Martin

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

We went out for an "all-you-can-eat" crab dinner that evening as a celebration. We didn't do the hat shooting ritual yet, since she usually doesn't wear one. We'll have to get her to sacrifice one next weekend. She got a nice Remington 25 Straight patch, courtesy of Junior at Millington.

11. 687EELL

687EELL TS Member

Vicki,

Way to go. It took me about 4 years before I broke my first 25 in registered 16 Yd. trap. I done it many times in practice, but it seems like when I took the line in registered shooting, that big Ole lump formed in my throat. My first 100 straight in 16's was at Thurmont, MD at the state shoot in a pouring down rain storm. We stopped about 6 times because of lightning. When I shot, you could actually see a tunnel through the water...LOL...I was shooting with Bob Igo from Virginia to my left, and after the squad was finished, he asked me "how the hell did you see those targets". I just said that I pulled the trigger where I saw the target last. Hell, I felt so good that I did not realize it was still raining. Hope to shoot with you and Carl in the coming target year................Rick Johnson

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Nice job-- trapshooting can be fun.

Pat Ireland

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Quacker, who bought?

14. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Congrats Vicki, great job!

Guy B.

15. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Great Shooting Girl,,,,wish I was there to see it,,,,Best to You and the Quack,,,,Billy

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

pheasantmaster

It wan't her, unless a case of indigestion is considered "payment"! :) The tip alone would have kept me in "dollar" burgers for a month or two. :)

687EELL

Rick, any time anywhere! It would be a pleasure to shoot with you again.

17. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Thank you Thank you Thank you all. I wish I could say there was some great formula but it was just me and Quackshot on a short squad (which I don't like shooting on a short squad) and although we were shooting the league at Millington, I can't shoot that league regularly because I work on Sundays. So it was my one and only shoot. I guess I just kicked back and shot, no pressure, no worries. When I shot the last one and got it, it seemed like hours before Quackshot finished his last round then I screamed out really loud. I think I scared the puller. lol It was fun. Of course, what he is not telling you is I immediately blew the handicap round ending with a 42 for the day, cause I was unable to shake off the excitement of hitting the 25. lol

We had dinner with friends that night (they paid for the dinner but then they ate most of the dinner hehe.) All in all it was a great day. Big thanks to my Duck for doing all the work he does so I can shoot.

Rick, you are on! Just say when and we'll be there.

Luvn

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Nothing better than a great day of shooting and a super dinner with friends. Just doesn't get much better than that. Glad you all made the most of it. Luvn, you hit the nail of the head there so to speak. It seems I always shoot my best scores when I just relax and enjoy the shoot and worry about the scores later. Its a pity I just can't do it more often. LOL Break-em all. Jeff

19. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Vicki,
    I knew you had it in you. It was just a matter of time. Add my congratulations to the list.
    Joe Jordan

20. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

U GO GIRL!!...I just crossed your name off my squad for the cherry pie shoot..I only want squadmates I can beat..I'll be shooting alone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.