1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way to bring in 2012!! COYOTE PIC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgp912kgp, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Nice Yote I got New Years Eve. Spotted her while grilling dinner. I took her at 165 yards. Made a nice memory of 2011.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nice.

Range? Rifle? Cartridge?

3. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

165 yards, Savage 110E, Fed TNT HP "GREEN" 43 grain.

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Funny looking trapgun. LOL

5. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Fleas and tics? AJ

6. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

I don't think my 870 slug barrel would have reached out there. Nothing funny about the way she dropped 5 feet away from where I shot her.

7. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

None. I keep the tails and head for my bar out side. After cutting them off I checked myself and round the chin and ears and did not see one tick or flea. I was kinda suprised.

8. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Not much meat there to eat.. but hey, throw it on the grill. Free food is free food !!

9. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

This thread has info about skinning coyotes the easy way.....if there is such a thing.

10. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Herb,

I bet Obummer would not have a good stay on our ranch to say the least. And for that matter none of the hippies in the capitol of Sacramento would enjoy their stay either.

Rick,

The next one will get stretched out on a board, salted, oiled, and tanned. I didn't have the set up/supplies or the time as the sun was setting fast. I have a nice publication on how to. I will save the tail to show the neighbors as they will be excited and hope I get more of them bastards this year. They have done a number on the deer and elk pop. not to mention the calfs the last 5 years. Before that I understand the neighbors turned to the state for help. Believe it or not the state of CA loaned them traps and provided a tutorial on how to set them up. They must have been over run with those mangey critters.

11. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

OH I'm smoking a turkey out back and will keep the rifle close in case the family comes looking for the lost one. We still got 2 hours of daylight so wish me luck...

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

kgp912kgp: was that a .243 or a 22-250? you used?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

DR.LONGSHOT,
    Sir, I forgot to post it...

I used a Savage Model 110E, Cal. .223, Bushnell 'sportview' (CHEAPO) scope, that is the reason for the 43gr. bullet I have to go with the lead free bullet and cannot find a heavier factory load. This year I will load my own 62gr copper HP's but until then I have to use the Federal Shelf TNT loads.

I recently missed a 300 yard shot on what I want to say was the same coyote but I missed that day. This one was not 75 yards away from where I recently missed the last one. They have to have a den just over the hill and plan to get another stand together up higher and pop acouple more reeeaaaallll soon...

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you're in california??

15. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Calvin,

You don't mind me asking..

Why did you guess California???

Was it the Lead Free ammo or my cheap scope cause it's so damn expensive to live here I gota pay out of my ass for taxes and I don't have any cash for decent hunting gear??? HAHAHAHA

16. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

I've peeled plenty of critters as a trapper, you want a coyote peeled skin em hot right after there dead. That air issue is BS, If there hot I can get em from truck to stretcher in 12-15 mins cold 25 but you earn em.

17. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

The air thing sure looks easy you have to admit!!!

I'm with you BOXBIRDER. If I would have had time and day light and if the steaks weren't getting cold, during the picture, I would have had her layed out on the board quick.

18. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

All of the above : )) ...pretty country ..just wish you could find a pied piper to drive the weirdos into the Pacific

19. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Yes me too!!!!

Too bad My thread is about bringing in the new year (shooting related)... And not my hatred towards the ones giving all this money away to illegals and criminals. Cause cleaning out CA isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Now where were we???????

I am sure glad I got the yote and am going out next week to try to get another. I want to get my 12ga into the hunt but these coyotes are smart, not sure I can fool one into coming in that close to get a shot.

20. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Calvin, funny----my fist coyote call I ever used was called a Pied Piper, but it was used for calling in,not calling out. LOL

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

vern dorn coyote hunter