1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAY OT/ need biscuit recipe

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Hello and help please. With the Holiday's just around the corner I am looking for the recipe for the little hard baking powder biscuts that are usually used for miniature ham appetizers maybe an inch and a quarter. We used to get a larger size in grade school that was the same thing.A long time ago ! LOL. Any help appreciated. Thanks , Jeff

2. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

The best biscuits in the world are made with Bisquick. The recipe is on the box.

Bruce

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Bruce,

My Great Grandmothers biscuits were the best in the land. People drove for 20 mi during the depression just to have some of her fine cookin'! I don't think she ever bought a box of Bisquick a day in her life.

I'm glad I came along soon enough to sample her fine cookin'.

ss

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

My moms gone now but she made those things. for breakfast. I would shoot squrrials with them and a sling shot If you dropped them on a plate it would break the plate

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Don't know her recipe but my mom's is with real flour, baking soda, and buttermilk. Awsome.

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I use the Bisquick recipe plus I add a little sugar. Getting the right amount of water is critical as well as the dough thickness and biscuit size. Do not over bake.

That said, I would not use Bisquick biscuits as they get real hard when they cool.

Instead, I recommend that you go to a Cracker Barrel restaurant and buy a couple of bags of their biscuit mix.

Ed Ward

8. Ka9bce

Ka9bce TS Member

Bisquick is good, if you can find Martha White self riseing flour the and follow the directions on the bag. If that wouln't work for you 2 cups flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cut in 1/3 cup of shortening, bake 450 deg. If I made it to breif PM me Paul

9. Ka9bce

Ka9bce TS Member

I almost forgot one of the most important parts, aprox. 3/4 cup of milk, my mother used butter milk.. Good luck, Paul

10. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Betty Crocker.
    [​IMG]

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

1: go to grocery

2: find biscuits in cardboard tube

3: follow directions on tube

I found a tube biscut that is excellent, and cheap too. Try them all till you get the right one.

HM

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

LOL , not looking for just any biscuit , just the right little hard on the outside so so on the inside. Thanks Mark will try. Jeff

13. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

My Mother-inlaw made Biscuits every morning she made the best . The secret Mayonaise one big tablespoon .

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Substitute slightly flat dark beer, add powdered onion and caraway seed and serve with Bratwursts or Corned Beef...heaven

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Go to the store and buy them Indian Money biscuits. They are the best ones. Yep, when you get them home you "Wompum" on the edge of the countertop and getem out of the tube and put em in the pan and in the oven they go:) I've never tried to make from scratch any of the guys reciepes but I'll bet they all make good biscuits. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.