1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way OT - Anyone live in Maryland?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by krieghoffkrusher, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Relocating to a job near Walforf/Accokeek MD and was looking for a nice place to live that is reasonable. Many people I have talked to live over on the Virgina side near Alexandria and Arlington and commute in. Like the variety those places have to offer but may be just a litte to busy. Anyone have any suggetions on a nice place with a good variety of people and things to do but not as crazy as the areas around DC? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Stay looking south of Accokeek...very nice and rural, the real estate is reasonably priced ..nice people and a slower more easy going pace of life...you'll be plenty far enough from D.C. plus there are a couple nice old clubs to shoot right in that area...Bigfoot and Metro

3. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Jeff,
    Thank you for the offer. Right know I'm looking to rent. I'd like to be in an area where there is some night life and things to do, I'm single and in my early thirties so I don't want to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Would like to find a happy medium somewhere is possible.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

You have just limited yourself to living inside or near the beltway (either the Virginia or Maryland side of the river) or closer to Annapolis or Baltimore if your requirements for a social and night life is what you desire.

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

If the job is in Waldorf you have a lot of options. The farther South of Waldorf, the more your money will buy, but it's more redneck. If you go East toward Calvert County you will find the same thing. Calvert County is a pretty nice area, but isolated from much nightlife if that's what you're looking for. If the job is in Accokeek, I would say that South is your only choice. Much depends on how long of a communte you are willing to put up with. I'm in Annapolis (about an hour's commute to Waldorf) and mainly work the PG & DC areas. Annapolis is great, but it's pricy. I would not live in either PG or DC. I would recommend renting for six months or so to get the lay of the land. That will give you time to explore different areas and decide where you do and do not want to settle down. What appeals to some may not appeal to you.

6. CalvinMD

Waldorf is a very nice place with lots of night life etc. the closer you get to either Va or DC the closer you are to the traffic nightmares

7. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

I love going to Legends in Waldorf. Some friends of mine are in the band Wicked Jezabels and they play there often. Check it out.

I had a friend who owned a business in Accokeek. It was a cool place to go.

Luvn

8. CalvinMD

Next time you are heading down the Luvn ...let us know and I'll round up Curvy and we can hae a trapshooters night out

P.S. I still miss your Friday hugs

9. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Calvin,

Are you shooting down at Metro? We went two or three times during the Southern Maryland League and I like shooting there.

I don't get out to Waldorf as often as I would sometimes like!

Luvn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.