1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAY OT - Any Bible/Koran experts here?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

To my TS.com friends: I don't know enough about the Bible to ascertain the veracity of the following text which I copied from an email, and I know even less about the Koran. Can anyone critique the claims below? Thanks.

Porcupine

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization.

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq.

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq.

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq.

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery furnace).

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The three wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq.

Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible; the names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means 'between the two rivers', meaning between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq means 'country with deep roots'.

Indeed, Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible. No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.

And also (this is something to think about!) since America is typically represented by an eagle, Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible):

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(ps, Note the verse number!)

2. Brudford

Brudford TS Member

I have studied the Bible as well as taken college level Old and new Testament
    instruction. I have also studied a little with a Greek Concordance. The Koran
    I know nothing about nor do I have any need to.I will say this much to you,
    if you study Bible prophesy America is only mentioned once as the young
    lion. Englands symbol is the lion,therfore we are the young lion.For what
    ever reason I believe America will either be unable to assist Isreal or will
    not have the desire to.When Hillary Clinton is elected to the presidency
    in the next election with a majority rule in both houses of congress I believe
    America will pull out of the middle east never to return and we will turn our backs on the Jewish nation.Make no mistake about it,Isreal has always been the prize for the Islamic nations.Also remember the jews are gods chosen people
    who really do not need America,they have god on their side.Again I will say
    Hillary will be the next president,the republicians could not win a dog catchers job in the next elections,besides do you really think there is a dimes
    bit of difference between the two parties. Look what Bush is doing against
    the will of the American people with the illegals.I do know that there is a bible verse thats say's " For then they shall say peace and quiet and then sudden destruction cometh upon them. " ( speaking in the text of end times )

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Well:

The garden of eden could have also been what was called "Pangia" before the break-up of the continents!!! Under that scenario,,America could have been part of the garden of eden as well!!!

The fact that large pools of oil lay under the region we know as the "middle east" does not insure that Iraq alone was the garden of eden,,,for there is much oil in soviet union,,,under the polar ice caps,,gulf of mexico,,etc,,,it is obvious that todays oil was formed at about the same time geologically speaking,,,and in many more places than Iraq!!! I do believe the entire land mass known as "pangia" WAS the garden of eden!!!!

There is no proof of any "ark",,,,and to think that two of every creature we see today was in it,,,is childish!!!! even moreso is the fact that Moses was more than 800 years old!!! It seems in the bible many people lived to be over 500 years old!!!!

While your "place names" and events are correct,,much is completlty unproven,,,and you are taking the word of a person that was fasting and seeing things,,,even hearing the voice of God,,,and much of those events were written more than a thousand years after the actual events had passed!!!! Under those conditions,,,,Jocephus was just as trustworthy!!!!

Compare your last paragraph from the Koran,,,to this from your own bible,,,,"they shall gather at the place called Armegeddon" and all the armies of the earth shall be destroyed,,,What you sow,,,so shall you reap!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Some light reading.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Be careful with this one, not for the faint of heart.

HM

6. halfmile

Nice catch-22 there, Odin. Screenname Odin.........mythology?

I think if you go to the website on my previous post you will find plenty of disbelief in mythology.

Feel free to email me after reading it.

To get information on the Mark of the Beast, go to the above site.

Like J.J. Cale said, "Satellites will hunt you down" (from the Guitar Man album.)

HM

7. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Odin, don`t confuse us all with facts!! But I really liked your Valkyries!!

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Moses and others may of lived until ripe old ages because they probably didn't have Medical Professionals like we do today, not to mention all of the medications ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I would like to suggest all of you read "The Blind Watchmaker." You will find the answers to your questions.

10. 682LINY

682LINY Member

as for the bible and koran,,,both good books when read and understood with comon sense,,,,,,,BOTH can be very bad books when perverted by evil people with evil intent,,,This has been done to both books thru history,,,,,,,,the same can be said of our guns,,,,,,,good when used by good people,bad when used by evil,,,IT IS NOT THE BOOK OR THE GUN THATS BAD,,,,It is the people who are EVIL

11. halfmile

Grammie:

What is referred to as Armageddon is translated from "Har Meggido". the plain of Megiddo is a location in Present day Israel.

Perfect place for a battle, and to test low yield nuclear troop clearance devices.

HM

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

To anyone who has obviously read the Bible, it can be interpreted in as many ways as the people who read it ... The writings are obviously supposed to be that way so everyone can relate to it or not depending on what those peoples beliefs are or are not ... Politicians talk the same way as the Bible is written when they are running for an office, to them what they say means one thing and the voters iterprete it as saying something else ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Odin - It's obvious that your understanding of the bible is "superficial" at best.

hubcap

14. halfmile

Matthew 7:6

HM

15. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

Odin,
    You have found someone who I think is a Pauline dispensational who interprets the Bible rightly divided. While a few of the things you mention are correct, many things you have misunderstood from the gentleman or he possibly has them confused. Keep listening and learning from him and see if the teaching matches the links below. You have nothing (EVERYTHING) to lose. : )

http://www.bereanbiblesociety.org/articles/

http://lesfeldick.org/

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/dispensa.html

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/2gospels.html

16. halfmile

Well, Since most of what everyone seems to believe comes from Emperor Constantine's paganizing the church, and from King James deciding what people should read of the original(it is believed) 600 or so books comprising the Bible, I guess it made life simpler for the simple ones.

Lots easier having someone tell you what to do than having to figure it out yourself.

HM

17. grammie

grammie TS Member

The book of Enoch,,,not in the King James version of the bible,,,but circulated throughout the rest of the world as a chapter of the bible,,,,is so outlandish,,,,that the powers that be KNEW,,,if it was printed in the King James version of the bible there was NO WAY in HELL that anyone could take it for anything more than fairy tales!!!!!

And that is just what it is!!!

The bible was written under EXACTLY the same conditions that our own American Indian used when a youing man went on his "vision quest",,,his search to attempt to see what he would be,,,along the way and on this quest,,,He also expected to meet his "spirt helper" that would help guide his movenments to his final destiny,,,,Most of you think its indian nonsense!!!!! But that is EXACTLY your bible!!!!!!!!!!!! Each of the books of the bible were written AFTER the writer completed a 'cleansing ritual',,and then a 'fast' followed by tine alone in the wilderness seeking his vision.......

These vision were so powerful that after being written on paper,,,,they convinced the local populace of sheep that SURELY this person was in the presence of GOD!!!!!

The plains indians tribes medicine men experianced these EXACT same visions,,,,And had they the ability to put it on paper 3 thousand years ago,,,,You'd be on your knees praying to those books too!!!!!!!!!

And since people were so frightned and supersticious anyway,,,,and the Christian Stories so popular and frightning,,,men among the people saw in it,,,A WEAPON!!! A weapon to be used to keep control of the sheep,,,to keep the sheep----"MEEK",,,,to "turn the other cheak",,,to keep a person "subserviant",,,,and when the time came,,,to blow the horn of war and pass it off "gods will",,,,,and who knew!!!! And who knew that God requires 10% of your money as many demoninations ask????????????? Who would ever know that Gods servants should drive Cadilacs!!!!!! Who could understand why all savers of the soul,,,all who expout Gods greatness,,,aspired to be in gods own likness should dis-avow the root of all evil,,(money),,,But yet it is the very church that is one of the richest entitys in the known world,,,,,The church,,,who's money and influence were used to "fence" the very teeth of the Jews!!!! Whos money was used to rape europe,,,,and then HIDE the very people whos name is now know as EVIL,,,,the NAZI SS!!!!!!!!!!!

A WEAPON I SAY!!!!! NOT GODLY!!! NOT EVEN HOLY!!!! But a weapon straight from hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

18. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

One has to understand the historical geography of that day and how that has changed over the last 2,500 to 5,000 years. Historically, Iraq is considered the "cradle of civilization." Many believe that modern man settled this area but of course it would have looked much different than it does today! Modern day Iraq was split into to major sections; Assyria to the north and Babylon in the south.

I'm a bit skeptical on the story of the Ark being in Iraq. Considering the animals herded to the ark, Africa ( Egypt) would be a much better guess!

Tower of babel would be in Iraq. Abraham was from Ur which was Babylonia which is now modern day Iraq! Nineveh was also in Iraq whcih would mean that Jonah did preach thier.

During the days of Christ it would have made sense for his disciples ( especially Peter) to preach over the entire middle east including modern day Iraq! As far as the three wise men its possible they could have been from the Assyrian empire which would be modern day Iraq but their true nationalities would be unknown!

As far as revelations go, I'm not sure how much I take literal. From a Christian perspective Paul is correct in that armegaddon will not be the final battle. I do not give a lot of creedence to the world ending in the middle east. Thanks

Rick

19. grammie

grammie TS Member

Odin:

It works under the theory of "murhpy",,,,In short,,,,Crap in one hand,,wish in the other,,,,Now,,which will always fill up first???????????

AKA Grammie.............

20. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

So what you're saying is Grammie doesn't need a jacket anymore? Just kidding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.