1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way OT "71" Mustang Mach 1

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rooferbob, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I am looking for a nice rolling chasis or complete car for restoration. Would like to have 71 or 72 Mach 1. Anybody got one hiding the garage that you are ready to sell?
    Thanks in advance.
    Rooferbob

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Way OT

I've got 2 429 cubic inch blocks... Not Boss 429.. just 429 blocks if you can use them.. free for the taking..

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Way OT

There is one for sale near our local gun club. I am north of Dayton Ohio if you are close. Birdtracker

4. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Way OT

Birdtracker Thanks and yes I am in Hamilton Ohio about a half an hour from Dayton. Can you get the info on this car or shoot me the guys #. Thanks so much Rooferbob

5. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Way OT

tony You would'nt sell that thing for nuttin would ya?

6. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

Way OT

BIG BORE WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED, I'M INTERESTED THE 429'S
    IF THEY ARE STILL AVAILABE EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL
    THANKS
    JR
    540-*722-5653

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Way OT

Hmmmm...I wonder if a 429 could fit in an MGB...
    -Trappy

8. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Way OT

don't know if a 429 can fit in an MGB but I do know that a 383 will fit in a TR-4, including the torque flite tranny.

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Way OT

There's probably no way it would fit. But I wouldn't change it anyway, it's an all original car, surprisingly.
    -Trappy

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Way OT

How in the hell do you keep any MGB running. I had three at one time used two for parts. Great when they run but about like a old VW bug work on them more that ride in them.

Tell you what Trappy I have a car that would scare you half to death. And it is a steal at 90 grand. (Yea I lowered the price 10k)

Rock

Jim

11. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Way OT

Oh it's an excellent car! The engine is extremely strong, and runs as new. Just need to tune up the carbs. Right now we are yanking the engine because the clutch blew out in my Homecoming parade. Other than that minor setback, we rebuilt the slave and master cylinder for the clutch last summer, and this summer we may just not get it on the road until September because we are going to replace the swivel axles and may even gut it completely, get it painted and redo the interior. Then it would be what we like to call a perfect car. But we have very few problems and any problems we do have aren't anything that would take longer than a weekend to fix.

Well what is the beast that is a steal at 90k?
    -Trappy

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Way OT

1968 Plymouth Roadrunner 426 Hemi all matching serial numbers 34,000 original miles. Motor completely gone over (dissembled inspected and brought to factory spects).

If you have never been in a 60's muscle car that weights in at 3600# and moves that fast that quick it is hard to believe the experience.

Tires last about three days (and that is rotating them once) until I got some progressive linkage for those two four barrels. (the original linkage is on the car now but the gas saver linkage goes with it).

I am driving it now after six + years of love putting it back in condition.

PS: it will tow your MGB and do a quarter mile about three times faster than the MGB at it's best . Not knocking the MGB fun thing to drive but it sounds like my MGB always something that needs to be done. Never seamed to go very long with out a repair somewhere.

Rock

Jim

13. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Way OT

Roadrunners are one of the few muscle cars that I'm a fan of. My uncle is currently rebuilding a '70 Chevelle SS, just got back from painting and the rest is in pieces in his garage. He's just got to reassemble everything and he will have himself an excellent car.

The thing is, the MG could run circles around just about any muscle car, and that's what I'm after. My favorite modern car would be a Lotus Elise (or the new Evora if you've seen it), and it's just the strict roadster, track car that runs a little Toyota 4-cylinder but can kick just about any cars' tailpipe no matter how big the engine is. We don't have problems with the car, the only reason we are doing all of this is because in the process of taking the engine out we realized how original the car really was and thought "hey, we've really got something here, time to make it new again." Otherwise it would just remain a fun car to drive around it, but instead we are doing all those little things to make it perfect (and it's good bonding time with the old man). And if you've ever got a Healey for sale, you give me a call!
    -Trappy

14. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Way OT

Rock.....What happened to the hood? No power brakes? Now if it only had a wing on it......NICE!!

The only way an MG would out run a muscle car, is if it were to fall out of an airplane.

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Way OT

Did not hurt the paint but:

Had too rich a mix and no air cleaner when I got it back from rebuild Sooted it up, never got it touched up but I will.

No power brakes or anything else just that Hurst and positive traction nothing but a PCV valve extra not even a radio. That motor moves nothing but the car.

And you are not quite right about falling out of an airplane. I have doubled that speed already (speed checked by radar LOL). Terminal velocity is not that fast anyway.

Trappy will never feel that thing just siting idling with that Hemi slowly shaking.

Trap my boy tell you what car for car side by side you run one ring around my runner it's yours and I will wear a paper bag over my head walking home.

That factory MGB will (maybe) have 110# of torque at 3,000 rpm and 0-60 maybe by the time I do a 1/4 mile 12+- sec. They run them in Rallys and race themselves within their class. Believe they are not the same class.

Of course I would not take me up on that until that MGB can turn 0 to 60 in just under 5.4 seconds, and a quarter mile in 12.8. Now add a little Nitro to the mix and that speed goes out the door.

Trap I will talk with Craig Minter at the club he was selling his Austin Healey 1961 3000 Mk II last month. Completely restored also. But I can assure you he is not asking a flea market price. Around $50,000.00 if you are really interested.

Rock

Jim

16. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Way OT

Found the Pic of the Healey from last year.

If interested I will pm his phone number. If it is still available he took it to some show in Vegas last weekend. Will find out Sunday.

Rock

Jim

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Way OT

Sam's Hemi Runner was the only car that could stay with the local biker boys.

If you aren't ready for it they can be frightening to drive, LOL.

Check out the link.

HM

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Way OT

Oh don't get me wrong, I know that a Honda Accord could probably beat an MG in the quarter mile, but I'm talking about like a road coarse, sharp turns, and things of that sort.

And we're not looking for a rebuilt Healey, looking for something that we can rebuild...and it's a right-hand drive if that picture is correct.
    -Trappy

19. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Way OT

You mentioned a 383 in a TR-4. If I remeber right there was a British sports car that used a Mopar 383 for its power plant. Anybody remember these?

20. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Way OT

I think that the 71'-73' Stangs were some of the best styled there were. Do you remember the James Bonds red Mach in Diamonds are forever?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=mach1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.