1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way Off Topic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadelk, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadelk

deadelk Member

Every and I mean Every night my satelite tv (Dish Network one receiver two tvs) around 8:30 to 9:30 starts changing the channel on its own in random order stopping and starting. Anybody else going through this? It's weird.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

deadelk

I remember my neighbor used to complain that he thought the Aircraft above when they flew over his house that his big c band dish would act crazy so I helped him out even more for a whole week me and a buddy would sit outside his house and we had the same type of remote and we would make the dish go up and down a little then change channels for him and he would come over the next day to the service station scratching his head and telling what all it was doing.

So we agreed it must have been the Ft. Campbell KY aircraft but about the 5th night he heard us laughing outside his window and he came a running it ended up being us that was causing the problems so do you have a prankster around.

Foggy

3. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

...Cracked down on cow-tipping in KY, did they?

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

We've got Dish and DID have a time when a neighbor's remote activity was affecting our channels. Long time ago, though, I think we just made some sort of change on the remote to solve the problem. Call the "trouble" number, they'll walk you through a change.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

5. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I have just joined the dish network world. Many problems can be solved by doing a hard reset on the receiver. All you need to do is hold down the power button for 10 seconds on the receiver. That will allow the dish to reconnect to the transponder/channel on the satellite and should fix the problem. If that doesnt work, call dish network.

Buzzgun, I live near Foggy....and no we still do the cow tipping thing. Just last week I was to take a woman from work snipe hunting until she finally figured out it was just a prank. I had her going for an entire week.

Foggy, when are we going to go cowtipping??????

Forrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.