1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way off topic but I could use some advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Coyote 270, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, as we did but now I have a problem that I hope one of you can advise me on. I seem to have developed "Shingles over the last few days on the back and neck. (thankfully not on the face or eys, so far. Can not get to the doctor till Monday due to the holidays, so what I am asking is if anyone has a simple remedy that can get me buy till then. Thanks for your time.

2. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

A nice epsom salt bath in warm water is quite soothing. Hope you feel better.
    Regards, Joe

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Best advice I can give, but too late for you... GET THE SHINGLES VACINE ASAP. INSURANCE WILL COVER THE SHOT IF YOU ARE OVER 50. I got the shot and a few weeks later my wife got shingles in face and eye area... VERY painful. It does go away, but may return. Check with doctor about getting the vacine even after your case goes away. My deepest sympathy. TO ALL OTHERS GET THE SHOT!!! Fred

4. shelly

shelly TS Member

Am I wrong in thinking that the shingles vaccine is recommended ony for those over the age of 60? That's what I've read and what my doctor told me.

I have a friend who was stricken with shingles and it was really miserable for him.

5. setool

setool Member

Epsom salts in a HOT bath work wonders, not just 4 your problem, but many others.... My Grandma was a Kentucky wife, Pa was a cole miner, and...
    11 girls and only one boy. Trust this, they knew how to do a lot of S#%t naturally, because they had to. Hope it helps.

Mark Schneider

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Thanks guys for the advice, I was in the epson salt bath for just about 6 hours, now my feet look like chinese Shar Peis and I cant even find my rifle, but I know it is there. But the bath did help, just to bad I counldn't just stay in if for the duration.

7. Edbird99

Edbird99 TS Member

Periodically I get a flare up on my forehead around my eye.It usually starts with an itching.If I'm self aware enough to pick up on it quickly I can avoid it by taking L-Lysine-if I don't catch it early I think L-Lysine lessens the symptons and shortens the episode.
    It is a diet supplement found at any place that sells vitamins,inexpensive and not harmful to take so far as I know.Try a Google, you might be suprised- I did a qiuck one and here is one of the results:

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2009/05/14/l-lysine-agains/

Good Luck

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Hey, 270...I hope you're feelin better! Best wishes for the new year! puablo

9. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

Thanks Puablo, hope you had a nice Christmas. checked that site out EDbird99 and a few good suggestions that I will try.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think it is over 60 that insurance pays for it

But just getting an updated chicken pox vaccine usually holds you in a safe place.

I dont remember but I think the people that are at risk are those that had chicken pox or measels as a kid and then were never vaccinated later

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.