1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way off topic ( Browning Hi Power)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bubby, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

I have asked many questions here, and have had great advise. I have a friend who has a Browning Hi Power, Belgium made (1982) in great shape. It has one minor flaw, the bluing is discolored in a small area above the grip.
    It will not eject the second round fired. The first fires fine, and the second fires but gets stuck in the barrel. It has been stripped and cleaned, and different mags used, no help. Is this gun worth $500.00??
    Thanks for replies,
    Bubby
    P.S. who should I send it to for repairs??

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

First, 82 mfg for 500 .... No. Around here you can get an older model for about 350.00. So this ain't no deal. 3 things will cause the failure to extract, 1- Low powered hand loaded ammo or not sized before loading. 2- worn extractor, 3- I'll fitting or mangled magazine. I'd pass on it and hit the gun shows.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

400-500 would be the range I would say, sounds like it needs something- maybe just a chamber cleaning or the extractor cut or better ammo

Gene

4. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

$500 is top dollar. The gun needs a new recoil spring and a good cleaning, that's all.

5. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

If the extractor looks good I would change the extractor spring. I think you will see a big difference with a new spring.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Having once performed warranty service and repair for Browning, first let me say I have NEVER seen a Hi-Power with problems that were caused by a defect in the firearm.

Thoroughly clean and inspect the firearm, looking for a damaged chamber, extractor, and worn extractor and recoil springs. Make sure Ejector is ok. Use Browning magazines. Shoot GOOD factory, brass cased ammo.

If the gun checks out, and the gun does not work, please post again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning hi power 1982