1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

way o/t. xmas trees, cedar or pine

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by backfenceata, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

Need help to settle a friendly arguement, Does any one use cedar trees for xmas ???? In my part of the country cedars are plentifull and the pines are only at the state parks !!! and they are hard to cut down in the dark (lol). kirk

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Scotch pine is probably the most common here in Arizona ... I think they all come from the north pole ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Wife and I just went out about 12 miles up the canyon and cut two beautiful Spruce here in the Black Hills. Cost is $20 for the two on National Forest Service land.

Never heard of cedar for an Xmas tree.

Happy Holidays

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Growing up on a farm in Virginia, we always would cut a cedar tree for Christmas. Nothing like the smell of cedar...

I remember going squirrel hunting with my Mod 12 20 ga one December and seeing a nice tree. I tried to "cut" it down with the shotgun. Wasted precious shells doing so.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Cedar has a nice shape and a good smell but they always look a bit rough. If you cover one with enough decorations so you cant see the green, a cedar would be OK.

I go out on my land in early June and trim up a few White Pine trees. By winter they are nice and full. I make a Christmas scene in my yard with a few trees but do not have one in my house. The few people on this site who have been in my house understand why.

Pat Ireland

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>BOXED!</I>
    Morgan

7. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

While the tree I use now is plastic and metal, in my youth we always went into the woods and found a cedar.

8. lightfoot

lightfoot TS Member

See the scraggly cedar Christmas tree in the background?

9. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

Lightfoot, have you been in my family album ??? I thought the cedars were ahead untill you posted that picture. kirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.