1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way O/T Tribute to the Irish in Civil War.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by shrek, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek

shrek Active Member

What is the figure on top of the block at the bottom. It looks like it might be an animal, maybe a dog of some kind?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is a dog. It is an Irish wolf hound. The woman was left in the picture to give an idea of the size of the monument. Either this monument, or the one dedicated to the Army of Northern Virginia, have to be the most beautiful monuments in the park. Bulge.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Bulge,

They's probably one or two people on this thread that'll take offence to the words "Northern" and "Virginia" being used in the same sentence.

ss

4. DJM

DJM Member

You bring back the memories, but I do not remember this monument. I need to get back to Gettysburg Battlefield. I'll never forget standing in the spot where our first Minnesota regiment was anihilated during action on the second day of the battle. They saved the day but 85% were lost in 20 minutes. And except for the breastworks and battle scars the landscape is preserved as they saw it.

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Of all the wars , this one was the worst for Americans . They killed each other !!! Brothers and Fathers too . Very sad and I won`t read about it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.