1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way O/T = need HVAC info/advice/help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gary Waalkes, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I would greatly appreciate info/prices on central air conditioners and matching heaters. My A.C unit croaked (compressor blew out) and now I am looking at replacing something that I don't know anything about.

the brand name of the current unit is "storm king". Only the A.C unit is broken, the heat still works. The unit is the same age as the house - 10 years. The house is 3,000 - 3,500 square feet. Service is natural gas.

Only the A/C part of the system is broken - do I or should I also replace the furnace? If I bundle things and get a new on demand water heater can I expect a better deal?

I know it is not shooting but I also know there is ton of information and knowlege on this forum and I am grateful for help and advice.

Regards
    Gary

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Really might think about replacing both units as the newer units are more efficient. Look at an 80 or 90% furnace. You'll have to get at least a 13 seer a/c unit as that is the least available. One thing that I do recommend is a variable speed DC blower. I actually replaced a 15 year old furnace with a new unit last fall and reduced both heating and a/c bills. I leave the blower on ALL THE TIME and it circulates the air around the house both a/s and heat. I went with a 80 % instead of 90 to 95 percent unit. They are much more. Paid about 5000 for the whole deal. The DC blower is more but well worth it. Motordoc joe1234@ameritech dot net if you want to talk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.