1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAY O/T: LOOKING FOR BLUES MUSIC CD COLLECTIONS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I know this is off topic, but, I'm looking for your used blues music cd's. I know a lot of you are blues music fans, just like me. If you have some CD's that you have already downloaded to your ipod, etc. and have them just sitting in a box somewhere, I'm in the market for them. I'll take one cd, or 100 cd's, depending on what you have. Next to trap shooting, my love is listening to all types of blues. I'm always trying to add to my collection, so, if you have anything available, either PM me, or you can email me at trap2danat yahoodotcom.........Thanks, Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Dan,

Do you have a Sirius/XM satellite subscription? They have a channel there that is dedicated 100% of the time to the blues. I listen every day on my commute.

Sat radios have an audio out jack that could be used to record providing damn near CD quality.

Guy Babin

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Why ask them to send you the original disks?

Possibly if they already have them in mp3 format on there computers you might just ask for it that way ... many more per CD and possiby even via e-mail depending on qty of songs at a time sent.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'll take them any way I can get them.....Dan

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Are you looking for a welfare type handout freebie deal or offering some sort of trade or money?

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I don't expect anything for free. I'm more than willing to pay a fair price for whatever is offered........Dan

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Dan,
    I know it's not run of the mill Blues type stuff, but check out The Blue's Project group from back in the early 70s, I think it was. They were really good, did some instrumental stuff too, like Flute Thing. Good luck, puablo

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Here it comes...

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Dan.... me too... try xm radio "Bluesville". They play mostly the old blues. Forget Blues Project, they played what they believed to be Blues which wasn't. You can purchase remix's of old blues recording on Amazon and ebay. I have a cd with remix's of old Chess Recordings. Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf etc. They're around if you look hard enough. Godd luck.

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Dan, I have a studio version of Percy Strother's " A Good Woman is Hard to Find" CD. In 1992 Living Blues Magazine voted it the best blues LP of the year.

He past away in 2005. Send me your e-mail, I'll burn you a copy, and send it.
    I don't want any money. From one blues aficionado to another. Wayne

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Sorry, here is my e-mail. Wayne

12. laura!

laura! Member

Single best blues band? Can't answer that one, but lately I've been getting into Junior Wells and Guy Davis.

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jimmy Hendricks is the best blues of course then there is Johny Lee Hooker.

14. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'm partial to Etta James, Johnnie Johnson, Old Aretha Franklin stuff. Saffire Blues Women, Clapton, John Lee Hooker, Koko Taylor, Lonnie Brooks, Ruthie Foster, Dr. John, Stevie Ray Vaughn (the Santa Cruz special), Janis Joplins original music, (now there was a woman that could sing the blues) James Cottom, Jimmie Reed, just about all the real blues singers. Rod Piazza and the Mighty Flyers, especially his wife on the piano. Unbelievable stuff. Of course, we can't leave out early Ray Charles stuff, Billy Holiday, and so many ohers. I just like it all. If you have something you wouold likie o share, i will gladly pay for your time and effort to help me keep building the collecion. I am up to about 80 CD's right now, and want at least 100 more......Dam

15. Laudygirl

Laudygirl TS Member

Gary Moore jams. Radiators is fast paced. Kelly Richie is a great little known artist. Have bought most of mine at stores that sell used CD's

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I like Blues a lot but my real love is Bluegrass or anything with a banjo in it. I pick on the Jo a little and I have 100's of Bluegrass CD's. I have every album that Jimmy Martin made and all of the Osborne bro's and lots more. Jimmy Martin is my all time favorite. In the late 50's I rode my Triumph Tiger 110 from Ft Wayne Indiana to Nashville TN to watch the Opry at the Old Rymun theatre nearly every weekend rain or shine. Thats about 700 miles on a vibrating piece of sh-- but I loved the music there that much. When I turned old enough I spent a lot of time at the Nashville bars listening to Bluegrass, Country and Blues. It gave me the opportunity to drink a beer with some really famous country musicians and hear some awesome picking and singing

18. otnot

otnot Active Member

Don't forget Robert Johnson and Muddy Waters!

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mojo Blues Band, Roy Rogers, (not the cowboy)Elvin Bishop, Angela Strehli, Lou Ann Barton, Stevie Ray Vaughan,Clapton, Canned Heat,....On and On.

Dan, I'll send you some more.

HM

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Bobby Bluebland---Maybe the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.