1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way O/T: Hot Water Woes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

BigAl

I thought mine was slow ok maybe if you are thinking on taking a hot shower then a few minutes before then do the same as some does in the winter time just let it trickle before hand and when you are ready to use it then it should be warm.

ok I know there is some heating and cooling guy's on here so I bet they will give some useful info.

Ok im emailing some now.

Foghorn220

2. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

You would need a water recirculating pump installed. They do basicly the same thing in large buildings so there is no wait for hot water. Go here and read up on it.

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/circulatorpumps.html

tom

3. lvshooter

lvshooter TS Member

go to www.rewci.com and when site pops up type in the search area type "instant hot water pump". They have a unit for $225 that will fix you up and that is all you need. It works great and not a lot of rertro fit etc. KYou should be able to install it lyourself if lyou are a little handy.

4. lvshooter

lvshooter TS Member

Nothing is wrong with your lines. Water just has to travel long way and also depends how house was plumbed. 3,000 sq ft is good size home

5. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I would have a "recirc" line installed by a competant plumber. It would be installed from the hot water line furthest from the water heater to a tee installed at the bottom of the heater(by the valve used to drain the water). I had one installed in my last house by a union plumber friend of mine, and it worked like a charm.

6. duch

duch TS Member

Big Al
    There is a system that is installed under the basin at the bath room that is the longest distance from the water heater that pulls the hot water which is cold at that point into the cold water line when the water gets hot the unit shuts of and you have hot water with out putting in a recirculation line.

Plumber Hugh

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Big Al/ Esterhaus removed his stupid comment

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I thought of putting hot water out here but with the heat outside, I'll leave it the way it is.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.