1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way O/T-Cub Scout Project. Need help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

My grandson's cub scout pack every year has a an aluminum can collection activity. I volunteer to crush the cans, store them and go thru several of those cheap wall mounted jobs every year besides the quality exercise. Believe me they collect a ton. Many of the parents don't rinse out their beer cans and stink up my garage storeage area, but that's ok it's for the kids I keep telling anyone who comes over.

The issue: I have developed a device based on one of the pull "down crushers" and a "steam engine" design. I have made it and had a friend weld it for me but I'm stuck on the power side. I need to get the end(my guess) for safety. I have tried my darndest to locate a slow powerful motor. a pulley/gear reduction set up but I can't seem to do it. I am anything but a mechanical or electrical genius. I have searched the internet, e-bay etc. without much help or a lot of $. I'll appreciate any help and ideas very much. Dave P.

Please help me, these are good kids. Thanks, Dave P

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

You'll shoot your eye out

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Apparently it's different in your area, but in Oregon if you crush an aluminum can, the retailers won't reimburse you the deposit. In fact, there are now automated machines that read the bar code on the can so they know which beverage company to assess for the refund. If the can is crushed it won't go through the machines.

If you don't mind playing with FDS (Fantastically Dangerous S**t), how about a 1300v 2780 Joule can crusher?

Dim the power grid while crushing cans

(This guy also electronically crushes quarters to the size of dimes and other high voltage, high amperage experiments.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.