1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Way O.T. Chain Link Fence ????? Way O.T.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bubba, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Member

Currently we have our back yard in chain link fence. It was done by the previous home owners, and fence is about 13 years old. Wife wants to have it removed and different fencing installed.

The fencing vendor wants to charge $775.00 to remove the existing chain link fence. There is about 350 feet of the fence including two ten foot gates. The fence is 42" high.

Does this old fence have any salvage value at the local junk yard?

Any other thoughts on getting rid of the fence that doesn't cost as much?

Would an ad in the local paper stating 'free fence for removal' do any good?

Thanks, guys.

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Wish I was closer, I'd take it. I will be fencing in my back yard for the dogs. Got about an acre to do.

I'd run an ad, the stuff not cheap.

Doug

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Assuming that the posts are in concrete, they're only down 6". 42" + 6" = 4' high chain link. this is probably what you have. If this is the case, I would do the job myself before handing someone 775.00 to do it for me. That is if your physiacally able too.

Now on the other hand, if it's 6' high and it's in the ground 30" and in concrete, i would gladly pay 775.00 to have it removed. But i doubt that this is what you have.

brett d.

4. Bubba

Bubba Member

The wire is 42" high. I think only the corner posts are in concrete, the rest are pounded in the ground. I no longer excel at physical labor lol.

5. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

Can the corner posts be cut off with a Sawzall, and the concrete left there? Phil E

6. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

where you located? might be interested

7. Bubba

Bubba Member

Fence located in SW Ohio, 30 min from the Middletown Sportsmen's Club.

8. mike T

mike T Member

Bubba,
    I am not sure how many miles of fence I helped put in working for my Dad. He did for about 15 years put all the chain link fence in our town form homes to cemeteries to baseball field. from 3' to ball back-stops.

Well any way all the posts were set in concrete about 18" to 2' deep. Home fences were set in 6" diameter holes with the corner posts in 8" holes. The few I remember we pulled out we used a tractor with a bucket and wrapped a chain around the post and pulled it up. busted the concrete off with a sledge, only took a hit or two. Or wrap a chain around the posts (near the base), hook to a 4x4 and pull them out. I do remember a few we had to pull where we did it by digging around the post and using an old car wheel long pole for a lever and a chain to wedge the pole out of the ground.

I am sure someone would like the post top rail and fabric (fence) Might even take it out for free.

thanks for bring back memories of working with my Dad

mike t

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Cripes, put it on Craig's List, state the length and height, and that the fence is free as long as whomever takes it also removes the posts plus the concrete bases and takes them too.<br.
    <br>

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Advertise it On EBAY!!! there are folks out there who wil buy ANYTHING!!

11. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Would you give it away if someone will take it down? I live about 11 miles from Middletown and know someone that would be interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.