1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Waukesha Gun Club, WI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brad patterson, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

If you have not been to the Waukesha Gun club (WGC) in some time, it is time to make a return trip to check it out. There is so much good stuff going on there, you have to see it for yourself.

First, they have finished the permanent 5 stand building so now there are three indoor 5 stand units to shoot out of. Plus they are heated so winter shooting is very comfortable and nice.

The outside pavillion is coming along. It will be a great area to meet in during the summer months and as it can now either be a open or enclosed pavillion, it will be great for banquets and such during the colder months.

The club house is undergoing a major renovation. New pine wood for the walls, really going to brighten the place up. Also new windows and new doors.

This is on top of the usual upgrades they make on yearly basis to the equipment annd machines.

Plus we have one school shooting team and maybe we will be getting another one or two. Nice to see all the kids shooting at the club.

You really have to give Pat Gerbensky and the WGC board a lot of credit. The WGC is now the place that people want to be at, the place where they want to spend their shooting dollars. Come on by for a visit, you are sure to have an enjoyable time.

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Nice to hear something positive!

3. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Brad, does the club house have air-conditioning now?

4. creek

creek Member

Brad,
    What is the price per round of trap; Member and non-member?

CREEK

5. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

The club has had air conditioning for quite awhile.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Is there a website?

7. RedScare

RedScare Member

What does a round of trap cost for a non-member??

Thanks

8. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

9. creek

creek Member

Does anyone know the prices per round at W.G.C.????

CREEK

10. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

11. brad patterson

brad patterson Active Member

Click the link Rick posted above . Gives hours and prices for the many disciplines they offer.

12. creek

creek Member

NON MEMBER PRICES

25 Targets trap or Skeet $9.50

OUCH!

Is that the pricing in that area of Wisconsin? I ask that because I will be staying in that area for some time helping out in a family medical problem. I thought I would take my gun up and see if I could break away to shoot a little.
    Those prices are too high for my blood.

CREEK

13. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Are the shotgun shells included in the $9.50 price?

14. rwtii

rwtii Member

Membership is not expensive, $35 sticks in my mind. I bet it is on the web site. This is a club with professional management, not a place run by a few old buys who are there for free beer. If you are in town, stop by.

15. creek

creek Member

To stay competitive I would guess that other clubs in that area of Wisconsin has a such a high price per round as well. I wonder if it is even worth packing up my gun and gear to shoot in Wisconsin; too bad.

CREEK

16. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Son and I joined a few folks from work at WGC last night for some heated five stand. I was impressed with all the upgrades since I was there last, especially the lights on the five-stand and the clubhouse clean-up.

Was it a little pricy? Yeah, but most of the clubs with heated five-stands are in the +/- $16 - $18 range for 50 targets.

Word of advice, Bio targets in 15 degree temps will give you lots of smoked targets. I suggest 7.5's at 1200 or quicker. You won't need a lot of choke, but you do need energy to break those rocks.

I'll probably never beat the kid, but I'd go back.

SW

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Creek,

Plenty of other smaller clubs to shoot at, for less money. WGC is the "Elite" club shall we say. Great club don't get me wrong. Just way more there to pay for, not to mention the taxes.

Pat started there, the last year I shot there. You could tell things would get done just by the additions that first year. He is a very nice guy, and always treated everyone good, and seemed to care if you had a good time. He is definitely a "Go Get'em" type of guy. Glad to hear they are still improving. Jon

P.S. I see Karen is listed as manager now.

18. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Looks like a great place. My wife and I often travel around Wisconsin. We now have another destination on my list.

When I find something too expensive for me I don't buy it - unlike the majority of sheeple who buy houses and cars they can't afford. I'd prefer to pay as little as possible, but as a strong proponent of "ya get what ya pay for". Sometimes I'm disappointed - and that is very rare.

$7.50 to $9.50 per round at a class operation is very reasonable and I promise I will shoot as many rounds there as I can in 2013.

Larry

19. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

The club charges $25 for senior membership and on Wed. after 2:00pm they have discounted prices for seniors to shoot.

20. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

And the boys at my club bitch about $3.50 tor trap ans skeet and $12.00 for 50 sporting clays. :) Guess it's all in what your use to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can you hire a gun at waukesha gun club

ed scheer and skeet