1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Watery Eyes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I suffer from the same Jim, haven't found a fix yet along with the Rx needed. Almost any sort of breeze in my face will cause the problem and it always occurs just as I call for the bird....Bob Dodd

2. mikee

mikee TS Member

Gentlemen, you may or maynot know you have developed a condition known as Dry eyes. me too. My doctor has given me drops known as "Viscotears". These are only to lubricate the eyes and they work well to stop my eyes wattering. Something he told me to do is soak a face cloth in fairly hot water, wring out and lie down with the cloth over my closed eyes,massage the eyes, this should be done every morning and night. This proceedure should encourage your eyes to lubricate themselves.I hope I have been of some help as I know only too well what yous are going through. Unfortunatly there is no cure for this condition, but it can be managed fairly well.

Mike.

3. dognduck

dognduck TS Member

i do have this prob .iv changed glasses to the wrap around type .oakleys although not stoped completely ,its a lot better

4. idoc

idoc Member

Dry eye is one of the biggest problems I run into with maturing shooters. Our practise specializes in dry eye. There have been recent studies in Japan that indicate that our visual acuity is significantly affected by tear flow. The results of one study actually recommends that when we check vision on a patient we should have them blink first. There is a lot of work being done on this subject right now. Let's get back to what we can do to help alleviate the condition:

1. No smoking - Nicotine is a real no-no
    2. No more than two cups of coffee a day - caffeine is a real no-no
    3. Drink 3-5 glasses of water a day
    4. Eat fish 3 times a week (Or take a good fatty acid supplement) The best
    I have found is "Advanced Dry Eye" by M.D. Designs. You can find it at opt
    health.com. Not cheap, about 28 dollars a month but the best. Another source of fish and flax seed oil is from a good article in consumer report. Make sure to take at least 2000 mg with a DHA EPA ratio of two/one.

Things to watch out for are:
    1. Diabetes
    2. Thyroid disease
    3. Rheumatoid arthritis
    4. Lime disease

The population most affected are Post Menopausal women on non-estrogen therapy. There are a whole bunch of new drops on the market. I tend to use Systane by alcon over the counter. If your having a real problem see you eye doctor. There are many things that can be done if he realizes how serious you are. Hope this helps.........Rich

5. idoc

idoc Member

Forgot to mention glasses. A good pair of wrap glasses can make a big difference especially if you tend to shoot in the wind and the cold. The best I have seen are the new Hidefspex. This frame has only been out for a month but it is wonderful at keeping the wind out and it's available in Rx. It's called the Sebring and you can find it on their web site. Another good wrap is the new frame from Ranger, less expensive but not available in Rx.........Rich

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Having the same problem. Wind and cool temps. Once the temp gets above about 60 degrees,no problem. Went to my eye doctor and had tear ducts checked--ok there. She gave me some samples for dry eyes(optive). Haven't shot yet this year but hope it may help.

There were several threads about watering eyes earlier. Some good info there. If I remember right, Systane was mentioned by several shooters. Sure is frustrating, shooting through a blurr.Good luck all--Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.