1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Waterproof Shooting Coat

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

There used to be a gentleman that sold shooting coats at Vandalia, I beleive it was Clarence Willis. I am looking for waterproof material that is very light weight.

Charlie

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Charlie,

Frogg Toggs work very well for shooting in the rain. They are light weight, but not the most stylish of rain wear.

ss

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I have had great luck with Bob Allen waterproof shooting coats. I just found this one on sale

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Product.aspx?baseno=85915&plp=Bob_Allen_Deluxe_Microfiber_Shooting_Jacket_-_(Waterproof_For_Men)&utm_source=Yahoo&utm_medium=PaidSearch&utm_term=Bob_Allen_Deluxe_Microfiber_Shooting_Jacket_-_(Waterproof_For_Men)&utm_campaign=PMYAHOOINC9&codesProcessed=true

5. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I tried a Bob Allen waterproof shooting jacket and I might as well have bought a tee shirt. The thing leaks like cheese cloth. I would not recommend a Bob Allen jacket if you want any sort of water proctection.

Tomas

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

ummmmm....you guys shoot in the rain? how do the guns like wet weather?

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

vpr80,

Just wipe them down and remove the stock. Clear all the moisture from the trigger assembly. It takes about 15-20 minutes to tear them down. I also use this a a good time for a detailed inspection.

ss

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

vpr80 are you lurking???

Don

9. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

My Gun is allergic to water. I might melt in the water . Besides, I shoot so bad that I might as well lose in the dry.

Charlie

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Bigdon,

Lurking....no.

Posting.

11. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

I make and sell Backfence shooting coats Gore tex a coat will last a lifetime. Frank 800 441 0568

12. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

I gotta say that by far the best rain coat out there is a Back Fence shooting coat. I bought one from a dealer in my area, had never even heard of them but learned long ago that this dealer won't steer me wrong. It is the best coat I've ever had. I've had it at least 7 years and still looks like new and I'm never wet. Can't say that about any of the other coats I've tried.
    Jim

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

really like the Johnny Storm shooting jackets. puablo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

back fence shooting coat

waterproof shooting coats