1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

waterloo motel double charged at grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JES, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JES

JES Member

Made my reservation in March 2007 through Travelforcaster.com prepaid the reservation for 4 days charged at the time of reservation. Now I am fighting the Motel that charged me again for the stay at the time I was there. Will keep you informed as to what they do. Travel forcaster states they paid. Motel states they can't find there records. When I checked out they said I didn't need a reciete all was prepaid. Now they are saying they Can't account for my payment. Now I am paying twice for the stay to get it taken off my credit card account.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You should be able to check your CC statement to prove you paid the travel service. If it is there, stop payment to motel thru CC company. Real easy.

3. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Payment should be an easy prove as TX says.

4. JES

JES Member

I thought this would be an easy fix also. Travelforcaster is saying they paid and Motel 8 is saying they weren't paid. I have already asked the cc company to check the records on my account. But Motel 8 is standing firm. Now I get a letter from the cc company saying they need more information. How clear can it be they have all the records I have paid and now paying again. Just contacted forcaster now they say this will be taken care of today. I will let you know. The motel it self was a nice place I would have stayed there again until all of this. I have never had this problem before and I make alot of my reservations on line through other companies - Orbitz etc.
    This is the secound round of phone calls on the same problem.

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

jes -

I wonder what you would have done if you were the owner of the motel? You appear to have jumped to the conclusion that the motel is trying to get double payment. Just becuase you paid Forecaster doesn't mean that they paid the hotel. It doesn't seem much different that a sub-contractor who comes to work on your house. If the contractor doesn't pay him, he doesn't mess around with the contractor he comes to the owner.

This is one reason that I chose to only book reservations thru the hotel/hotel website. Those type of reservations almost never require prepayment, so you settle up at the hotel in person. Never had an issue doing it this way, and never thought that the potential savings was worth the possible hassle.

Scott

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Call the Credit card company and file a dispute, they will not pay it until you tell them to ... You can call and tell them the card has been compromised and they will issue you a new card and close the old account ... You can always release payment on a dispute even on the new account if you have not been charged for the services ... By the way your receipt will be your credit card statement ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Do what WPT says. Tell BOTH parties you are filing a complaint for credit card fraud. I did that with the Birmingham motel in AL several years ago when they tried to doble chage us. Beleive me, if you file a CC fraud complaint, it will get fixed really fast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.