1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Waterfowl season ends today...Withdrawal!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Our waterfowl season ends today and I have hunted more this fall and winter than usual because we have had nice weather. Still 2 months till our trap league starts so I think I will have waterfowl withdrawal....Does anyone know how bad that can get??

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've quit smoking, I've quit Copenhagen, I've quit alcoholic beverages.....

...but I'll be damned if I'll quit waterfowling!!!

Curt
    [​IMG]

3. THALL

THALL Member

deer season goes out here today in Alabama. Nice balmy 75 degrees. Sweating with the oldies. Tim Hall

4. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

roadwarrior_2009_110816.jpg

Great photo Curt.

Still going strong out here in South Dakota but for only two more weeks before our season ends. Snow goose hunting will start up in March. Then it gets really crazy.

Bud

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Must be nice to have a season that goes into Feb!

6. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

The waterfowl season on the Chesapeake Bay this year was terrible due to the
    warm temps and blue bird weather. The new York hunters must have done better since the birds were not forced South to the Bay.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Didn't have the time or the money to go this year. DAMN I do miss it.

8. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Hunted with my son in law near Houston this year. Only got two greys but loved it. Cooked em. Ate em and loved it. What a great country we live in.

9. roger8918

roger8918 Member

We are in PA's Atlantic Flyway and my kids just love waterfowling. Our season went out a couple weeks ago. Our late season started out horrible but the last few weeks were fun. Pic is of my daughter on our last day hunt. Everyone had limited out but she needed one more bird to fill her limit. 10 min before quitting time we broke off a single from a flock of about 20. She knocked it down and when we looked....a band! We don't see a lot of bands so needless to say she was a very happy young lady!....Girls just love Jewelry :)
    <br>

roger8918_2008_030333.jpg

10. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Curt did the 2 of you get all those birds or is that from several hunters? We have a 5 bird limit a day here in WV and I wish we had snow geese but we don't

11. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Bud, if I were a goose, I would NOT try to fly past Matt or Foster.

12. carv

carv Member

I hunt the eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware. This year the hunting was bad, no birds so I’ve been in withdraw since hunting season started. Looking forward to next year.

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Carv, I hunt Tangier Island. With the weather (Blue Bird Weather) I didn't think it would be good. The only good thing is the ducks will live throught the winter and have alot of ducks for next year. Hope to go next year. This pic was from 1977 hunt.
    auctioneer_2009_0507115.jpg

14. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The season in my part of Idaho ended a couple of weeks ago. In the SW it ended last Friday, but I didn't go over there. My Chesapeake Rocky really enjoyed the season this year, and is back to training for hunt tests and field trials with renewed enthusiasm. He did a fine job at a hunt test picnic trial in Salt Lake City this past weekend, passing the Senior with ease. Yesterday he lined a 200 yard blind through some thick sage. His sire got it with one whistle, and his dam took three. His sisters took quite a few more. I wish there were some field trials to enter now closer then 750 miles away.

15. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Good for you and the dog. Most people will never know what it is like to hunt over a well trained dog. 750 miles from any tests or trials, where are you at?
    Live Well
    Wayne

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hunting with a well trained retreiver is pure joy for sure..

My daughter and Doc.

Curt
    [​IMG]

17. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I'm in SE Idaho, just north of Pocatello. This time of year the field trials are in CA, TX, or the SE USA. Rocky ages out of the Derby on Valentine's Day, so will be running qualifying stakes later this spring. I may take him to a hunt test near Las Vegas at the end of the month. That's only about 600 miles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.