1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Water line property line issue

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whiz-bang, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

What purpose does the culvert serve? Is it a field approach? If the culvert is at surface grade whats the problem? Surely your water line is deeper than a culvert.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sure it's not just a communication problem?

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Get youself a lawyer well versed in real estate, sometimes, easement is granted because of time passed and is known to the land owner.

You should at least get a court order to stop him, until it is figured out.

4. Sharp1

Sharp1 Member

After 10 years of no challenge to the right of way...The easement becomes implied. So if he causes harm to your line he fixes on his dime. How shallow is your water line? I'm assuming your are on a rural water system,, See if they have any agreements of when it was installed.

GL

5. kenf

kenf Active Member

Depending on what purpose that culvert serves, it's removal might be in the interest of PA DEP, and or the the municipality since it would be within their ROW. Certain DEP inspectors get testy when removing controls designed to handle storm water runoff and sedimentation.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Check local codes. Some utilities have to be set at a minimum depth or the utility or owner of the pipe or cable assumes full responsibility.

I had my underground utilities marked so I would not dig them up when doing work. Even so, I dug up my telephone line at a depth of a foot. Because it was not three feet minimum according to code, the telephone company ate replacing it. If it had been three feet and I dug it up, I would have absorbed the cost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.