1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WATCHING THE WAD??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

How many times have you watched someone shoot, not being able to see the shot string but seeing the wad and told them they were shooting high,low,behind or what ever.. based on where you saw the wad.. also how many times have you seen a target smoked and the wad go right through the center of the smoke?? my question is, if the wad goes through the center of the smoke.. why is it when you pattern a gun at 13 yards.. the wad makes a hole in the paper a foot from the center of your pattern?

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Wads are not designed to be aerodynamic nor are they intended to follow the shot.

If the wad goes through the center of the smoke, it was just a coincidence. And it might just mean that the wad is staying with the shot for too long.

MK

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Where the wad goes means NOTHING,some go up some go down some will turn around!!Joe

4. 20yard

20yard TS Member

I have never told someone that by watching the wad, it doesn't seem you nor anyone else so far does either. Maybe its one of those things that worked in Vandalia and now destroyed by secret and evil EC?

5. XTerminator

XTerminator Member

I always hope the wad bounces off the targets I miss so the scorekeeper will think it's a chip.
    Always shoot wads the same color as the targets. ;>)

XT

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No wonder i'm shooting so crappy. I been adjusting my aim all this time according to my wad. Oh well, ain't the first time my wad has got me in trouble.------Matt

7. Ljutic1964

Ljutic1964 Member

I've had wads from Estates come back and land on the ground right in front of me...

T.

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I've been shooting bright orange DR Fig 8 clones. (They load very nice in STS hulls)

Last week we were shooting a "Duck Hunters shoot" where you got three shots to kill two clays.

I saw a chunk of bird come off the second bird with my second shot and never took the third..... My son says "Dad why didn't you shoot again?" "Because I broke the bird, didn't you see the piece?"

"No dad, that was your wad....."

LOST!!!!

LoL! SW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.