1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Watching the Republican debate?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Rick Barker, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Have any thoughts?

Bachmann and Pawlenty duking it out, Bachmann holding her own.

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Ron Paul

IS

Dr. Irwin Corey.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope Bachmann does good. The one thing she did which I don't agree with is sign the marriage pact. Whether or not she agrees with it she shouldn't have signed it. It just gives some fodder for the Democrats.

We have to remember that in 2012 there is more at stake than just the Presidential election. We need BOTH houses so we could get rid of some of this debt and get people back to work.

4. Rick Barker

Bachmann has that same icy glare that my wife can generate that causes my blood to run cold, my feet unable to move and all I can to is say ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah.

I think she is making Pawlenty look bad, or maybe he is making himself look bad.

5. Rick Barker

Ron Paul is crazy.

He believes Iran is not a threat

He believes terrorists should be given Miranda rights and the right to civilian trials.

He extreme isolationism would get more Americans killed, if he is elected President.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Just three candidates on that stage that actually have any chance. Bachmann,Gingerich and Romney. The rest are just also rans. There will be four choices come Saturday when Perry announces. Bachmann has the balls,Gingerich the brains and Romney the look. Given those choices i will take the balls.

7. thunder

thunder Active Member

Wallace shouldn't be on the panel asking the questions, all he wants is a slug fight as a debate. I thought the whole news panel was looking for the I got u mentality. This is not what the people want to hear, they want to know how our new president will solve the problems and deal with issues. Baby Obama never was asked these important questions and the next president needs to be asked these questions.

I salute Gingrich for telling Wallace lets get to the facts on how each candidate will solve these terrible times we are dealing with in this country. He has the balls and the brains. Bachmann sticks to her guns and also not afraid of anyone. Rick Santorum is 10x better than Obama was as a candidate and maybe even now on the world stage events on Iran ect.

8. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Newt made a comeback at least with my way of thinking. Bachmann held her own, didn't lose anything, Cain held his own, didn't lose anything. Santorum, Pawlenty, Paul are out as far as I'm concerned. Romney was flat and unexciting.

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Who is Dr. Irwin Corey?

Who is Ron Paul?

What debate?

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Newt is done (actually many years ago)...no real way he can generate enough support and votes to run a legitimate campaign.

If the repub's want to retake D.C. and do the right thing with this country....then that bunch of buffoon's on stage last night aren't the answer.....the closet would be Bachman & Romney.

The smartest and wisest aren't even running.....that's the shame of all this BS.

Curt

11. Rick Barker

Fox News is saying Mitt and Newt were big winners with Mic (Bachmann) coming in 3rd. Might make an interesting ticket, Mitt as CIC, applying business sense, Newt riding head on the Congress as VP and Michelle as Treasury Secretary.

I still have hope for Michelle over Newt and Mitt. I think both Newt and Mitt still have a chance if they can prove that they are indeed "reborn" and will not slip back into darkness, Mitt with occasional fits of "Liberal Think" and Newt with take no prisoners hard right approach that makes Limbuagh look like a leftist.

I like Cain, I really do, but I don't think Dems would vote for a successful black businessman, that is an oxymoron for them.

Santorum? He showed a side last night I did not like. I think Pawlenty, Paul and Huntsman are done. Perry could be like Fred Thompsom, if he does not announce with the next 10 days or so. The 3rd debate is about 4 weeks away and then it might be too late for Perry. My question is why is the delay?

Why were they beating up on each other, instead of Darth Vader in the Whitehouse?

I thought the Fox anchors did a pretty good job of, not throwing softballs or showing favortism and you did not see the what mainstream media would have done if this were a Democratic debate with creampuff questions from anchors and asiine questions from viewers asking what is your favorite color and what type of underwear do you have on.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It looks like the Republicans may be repeating the biggest mistake of the past. Keep the abortion issue out of the campaign. Win first. Then cater to your personal special interests.

Phil Berkowitz

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing about beating each other up. All that shows the public is you don't have much in the way of helping our situation so you resort to bashing the opponent.

They need to come across as competent candidates and save the criticism for Obama when the time comes. JMHO

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Ron Paul is out because of his age, that was what everybody said when McLame was running, he's too old, and Paul is older than him

I think Perry has done it right, when all the others were courting Iowa he was out courting the next races after Iowa, looking ahead, and raising money instead of spending it just to win the Iowa caucus

Nothing against Iowa, I was born and raised there, it used to be a big thing to win there, but the times are changing, social networking is starting to take over

I hope Perry wins the primary and the election, he gets the shit done, he's a job creator by getting rid of stupid rules and regulations

I know what the first thing the nay sayers are go say, yeah he created jobs but they were all low paying jobs, well entry level jobs are low paying but you have to have the will to improve yourself without gummit aid, and a low paying job these days is a hell of a lot better than no job and on some sort of welfare

15. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Mitt-Michelle ticket. Newt went out with white bucks and saddle shoes

16. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I could see Perry and Newt as a ticket. Every debate with Barry and Biden would be a no contest event.

I doubt if Hussain would even hold a debate given what he would be up against.

Personally, I like Paul; could be because I'm also a libertarian. Phase out our wars and most of the overseas bases, and we have more than enough money to fund entitlements (giving us time to right size our government and its policies to grow the economy).

As for Iran, I think the demographic bulge of youth to serve in their army is long over. Their nuclear capabilities will never see light of day with the dark ops of certain nations.

Just my opinion.

Dave

17. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Skeetie, Corey to Paul is sort of like comparing you to Don Quixote, the difference being Don had a noble cause.

Aside from the obvious infighting an interesting comraderie seemed to take place with Romney and Cain, Hmmm.

Robert

18. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I won't be surprised if Obama won't debate anyone unless he has some softball deal with another Dem just for show.

Newt can't win because the left has painted him as a hypocritical womanizer. Maybe he should run as a Dem?

I think the nation might think we took a chance with Obama and won't take another with a women, too bad MB would be good.

Romney is too vanilla and he will get hit over the head for being a Mormon so much once the campaign gets going he won't be able to get his message across.

Bless his heart, Ron Paul is just an old fool, he talks some good points and then like Ross Perot he travels way off the reservation with things that just can't happen in the real world.

I like Perry but he's going to be painted with the "everyone hates GW brush" just because he's from Texas and has the cowboy attitude. Which is exactly what we need IMO, John Wayne would work.

The Dems have such an advantage if Obama has no real opponent, which I predict is what will happen. He won't have to spend money running against another Dem, he won't suffer any damage from a Dem opponent, he has the Presidency to use to campaign, on and on. And morality or integrity won't hamstring him. So allowing for the short memory and attention span Americans seem to have and Chicago style politics Nationwide we just might be stuck with Obama another term. God help us.

19. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

The answer is simple: A candidate that appeals to both parties and can unite instead of dividing the country . This is the only way we can resolve the mess we are in now.

20. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

ran200, nice idea but impossible until the extreme liberals and unions lose control of the Democratic Party.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.