1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Watch this, Make your children watch this

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Coyote 270, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

needs to be passed on.....

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Excellent video, the problem is, here in the states, people will find it offensive due to the reality of the film. This should be on every channel this holiday season.

JMHO.....

Jerbear

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Way to make me cry, Coyote. I'm putting this on my facebook page.

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. recurvyarcher

I just posted it on my teen's fb page, too. She's going to be angry with me. She doesn't drive, but she rides with people that might.

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

That film video should be in every DRIVERS ED Class. I use to drink but stopped when I was around 23. I'm 51 now. All I will say is that I was a very lucky stupid kid.

I liked what a father did to his son. The son was caught coming in drunk and yes the kid was driving home drunk. When the son woke up he couldn't find his keys. He went out to see if they were in the car. He saw his car by the road with a for sale sign in the window. The father sold the car. Good for the father.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm making both my kids watch this video. My daughter will be driving shortly, and my son just turned 21. (He's still at home, so dad still rules.)

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was a Paramedic and can attest to many of the scenes presented in that video because they happen time and time again, year after year ... Great for all to watch, maybe shake a few people up enough to make them think and use a litte common sense ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

These scenes look real. Are they?

10. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

Coming back from Nam, the california highway safety comm. would come aboard the ship and show movies just as terrifying as those. I guess some of us learned.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I need some help. I use a Mac and would like to send the YouTube addy to my nieces and one nephew so that they only have to click on it to get to it. How do I do that?

12. recurvyarcher

Watch the film, then at the end, the URL will come up. Copy and paste it into an email message and send it to them.

13. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Probably all theatrics but also probably every scene shown has been reality many times over. Too many times. In our society, it seems to be ok to drive drunk. I currently work with a young man who was convicted of felony drunk driving for an accident in which a small child was ejected from another vehicle and severely injured. He blames the other driver. Neil

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would say these particular incidents were staged, doubt anyone would be standing by with a camera just in case something of this magnatude would happen ... The fact is they happen all the time and many lives are lost and many others destroyed because of lack of common sense and bottle balls ... I cannot tell you the amount of tears that I personally witnessed being shed over a body laying in the street that looked like it went through a grinder ... Makes you think and realize how fragile life really is ... Friends don't let friends drive drunk or impared in any way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Not graphic enough, I am 55 and what I was made to watch in drivers Ed. makes this tamer then a cartoon. No pun intended.

I have family members killed by drunk drivers, I have no sympathy for them and beleive the punishment handed out is far to little.

Before a person can apply for a learners permit, they should be made to watch "real" accident film footage of wrecks and if caught driving drunk, made to work in a morgue for a year. Jail for a nite is way to little!

We are only tough on them if they kill someone, and if your rich, you can Still buy your way out! Teddy comes to mind here!

16. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Famous last words: "Hold my beer and watch this."

Eric

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Some of those crashes are real. Because they are recorded by intersection cameras. The anguish is mostly staged, but it is an excellent portrayal of the ending of a life, and the pain left with the survivors.

18. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

I will recount a situation of a school buddy that was just getting his life on track as an artist with real free-hand talent. He just had gotten a job that would allow his talents to pay off and was out with his Father to get roses for his younger sister's 18th.

On the trip to the florist, his compact car was hit head-on by a large full-frame detroit-iron kind of car estimated to be doing over 80 in the wrong oncoming lane for that driver. 2 ton Monte-Carlo vs. tin-box Citation = no contest. That new job he had? Insurance was supposed to kick in a week or two later.

If this hadn't happened directly in front of a local Fire Station, he'd have never made the ride to the hospital. They said that they had never seen such injuries to a person that survived- if you want to call being in a coma- surviving. He was removed from the back seat of the car with the rear window crank embedded into his skull, and they initially thought he was alone in the car- until they unfolded the wreckage and found his Dad wedged under the passenger dashboard. Dad survived a little better and longer than the Son, but was sorely hurt and broken all over with an earlier grave inevitable.

The offending driver? High on some illegal stuff as well as blind drunk, and no insurance etc. did this just after 11 AM, after a really long night party session, evidently. He was also responsible for two other immediately prior hit-n-runs of a parked car and a side-swipe of a vehicle just moments before gunning it and entering the wrong lanes to speed away- until the collision.

He was charged with assault etc. that they tried to amend later to vehicular manslaughter after the friend died, but his lawyer must have seen something like this and got him to plead guilty to the assault and later the courts called a new charge "double jeopardy" of some sort.

The perp also declared bankruptcy so the half-million+ in medical bills was not his worry. The friend's surviving Father and Mother needed to declare bankruptcy to keep from losing the family home, and with them both retired, no extra money to cover many of the expenses that can plague those in such situations that arose while they kept the comatose son at home for several months before he had the situation finally lay him up for good. They just couldn't see having him placed in a state institution for "warehouse care" out of town, so they suffered through with help from some family/friends and a bit of blind luck.

The Mother used the indignation this engendered in her to become the head of the MO MADD St. Louis chapter, and got the MO legislature to enact a law that no bankruptcy relief was available for causing drunk-driving injuries.

The other ignoble fact about this friend's survival of 403 days past the crash- his death would not count in the annual road fatality due to surviving past one year. The same time that they changed the highway speed to 55 MPH in the Arab Oil Crisis, they also decided to change the statistical method to improve the appearance of road safety improvement due to driving slower on the interstates. That fits in with never letting a situation go to waste, by making the statistics slant in your favor by altering the methodology of collection.

It was originally always to count a road crash death that was due directly to injuries to be eventually counted, as long as the fatal injuries were road-related. After the new highway speed bill, the change was that any injury over one year no longer counted, so a strong survivor just really wasn't killed by vehicular means, then. You could still be an injury, but your death would not be in the statistics, ever.

Kirby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.