1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WATCH OUT FOR NEW YORK ANTI-GUNNERS

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by oldgahchamp, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Received an email today. NY Assemblywoman Carolyn McCarthy is joining forces with N.Y. Senators Kirsten Gillibrand and Chuck Schumer. Their objective is to require that ALL gun sales go through a National Background check. This means if you sell a gun to your neighbor or shooting buddy, it will have to go through the same check as if you bought it from a legal gun dealer. Then, in a few years when they decide to confiscate all guns, they will have your name and all pertinent information on your firearms. I don't have to tell you this as you have probably guessed, but all 3 are ultra liberal democrats. When Gillibrand was appointed by our former half-assed, half blind governor Patterson, she was a member of the NRA, but Schumer saw to that. Stock up on ammo. You may need it sooner than you think. Larry

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I don't do face to face sales, for any kind of firearms, even if legal here in Virginia. For all I know, potential buyer John Doe could have a restraining order against him for domestic violence or have a felony conviction. I don't know of any convicted felons (or someone with a restraining order for domestic violence) who would readily admit they are forbidden from possessing a firearm when asked by a private seller, in the middle of a face to face transaction.

On another note, if "The Man" wanted to take your guns away, you would be no match against whoever "The Man" sends in to confiscate your firearms. They certainly won't send Barney Fife to take your guns away, so take the tinfoil hat off and stop reading conspiracy theory websites.

3. oldgahchamp

Sernv99, THIS "CONSPIRACY THEORY WEBSITE" YOU ADMONISH ME FOR READING IS 100% ON THE UP AND UP. Don't think so? pm me your email address and I will forward Carolyn McCarthy's message to you. Fair enough? Larry

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"Then, in a few years when they decide to confiscate all guns, they will have your name and all pertinent information on your firearms"

This is what you said above...I hear this same b.s. nonsense on any given gunboard, ever since gunboards popped up on the web. I'm still waiting for the black helicopters to hover around major metro areas, with guys clad in black, rappeling down ropes, kicking in doors, and beginning to confiscate all guns.

5. oldgahchamp

Do you still believe what I said about the email I received from Carolyn McCarthy, Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand is bogus or something I made up? I can't help it if we're stuck with these a-hole politicians up here. NY City and the welfare crowd keeps votong them in.

6. porky

porky TS Member

Larry, He's always posting negative things about anything.

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

If a grab the spotlight at any cost liar like Chuck Schumer wants to do something about illegal guns he should be spearheading the fight to bring criminal trafficking charges against the BATF and Eric Holder and the justice department in the fast and furious scandal. If true, these criminals in our government should be charged with accessories to murder as some of these guns were used in the murder of a border patrol agent as is alledged. See the earlier post on the fast and furious scandal or get details on FOX news. Ed Nichols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.