1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Washington State Shoot winners/pay sheet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by C-Money, Jun 28, 2013.

1. C-Money

C-Money Member

I am a tad confused. I was looking over the pay sheet I received in the mail yesterday from the WA State ATA shoot. The sheet shows a person winning A class in the preliminary on Friday with a 99. I know the guy that won A class Friday, who shot a 99, and it was not the guy that is listed on the pay sheet. There was going to be a shoot off for A class Friday, between the guy I know and another man, who ended up taking Vet class, so no shoot off was needed. Confused. I also noticed a score of 197 claimed R/U in the A class championship, but I know there was a shoot off with 4 shooters tied at 196 for A class R/U that went 4 boxes to get figured out. Why did the 196s shoot off when there was a 197? The out of state shooters scores must included be on this pay sheet and show as winners? That's all I can figure. Looking forward to seeing a list of the state winners as soon as shootwsta.com updates. Thanks for the help, Corey

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the payout sheet yet but according to the program the Friday Singles trophies were open to all shooters resident or non-resident and would be decided by carry/over to the Singles Championship 200 target events. If someone is tied for a Category Winner or Runner Up like Veteran he/she must shoot off for the Category trophy and not the Class trophy. If the Category shooter is not tied for Winner or RU then they are eligible to shoot off for Class trophy. The Saturday and Sunday Singles Championship 200 targets had separate trophies for Residents and Non-residents but the added money or option money is allocated by Class and Category or Residence has no bearing on the money payout.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

What did the WSTA say when you contacted them?

4. C-Money

C-Money Member

I have not contacted WSTA yet, wanted to see the results posted on the web page before I got something stirred up on a topic I am probably under educated on. If an out of state shooter, in A class, shot a 197, then that makes perfect sense to see that on the pay sheet. Now Friday A class, only the shooter who was a Vet, and the other guy were originally listed on the trophy case to shoot off, then was resolved due to the one shooters Vet classification. Maybe Fridays listing in A class was a typo? Hope WSTA updates the web page soon, anxious to take a look see.

5. glenns

glenns Member

Congratulations to Jesse "Too Tall" Johnson for winning the State Handicap Championship.

'Too Tall' shoots at the Spokane Rifle Club and attributes his success to all the shooters there.

6. C-Money

C-Money Member

Congrats to Jesse! He looked cool and focused in the shoot off. Nice going!

7. C-Money

C-Money Member

WSTA has listed the 2013 State shoot scores. It shows the man who I was told was a Vet shooter as the Friday A class winner, and shows a shooter with a 197 as A class R/U in the championship. Sure would like to know what the 196 A class shooters were shooting off for, it was supposed to be for A, R/U. Must have been some confusion. Congrats to all the winners and competitors, it was a great time. Looking forward to next year!! Corey