1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Washington--ATA--State Shoot--Great Job!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JStephens, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Thanks Gary, I'm glad you had a good time.

On behalf of the Washington State Board of directors I would like to thank all who attended this shoot and special thanks to the Spokane Gun Club for their great efforts and having the grounds looking fantastic.

Participation was down about 15 squads from the last State Shoot in Spokane for 2005, but was up over 30,000 targets from last years tally in Walla Walla for 2006. We averaged around 50+ squads for the weekend.

We had an issue with our programs that didn't help matters, for we used a fairly outdated list and apparently many of you did not receive a program.....I personally apologize for this. I assure you that we will have this problem remedied for 2008's shoot.....and great time and effort will go into that matter. Those that understood and managed to find the Shoot without it I am greatfull.

I want to thank LJD Cashiering for the ultra smooth and efficient job....Lois and Lori make the job look so easy and it made our job easier as well knowing everything is always handled....

Yes, Bobby McClendon had an unfortunate encounter.....he seems well and managed to still break 200 straight in the Championship Singles and 96 in the final handicap. Congrats on the shooting Bobby, but as you know I was happier to see you up and around and healthy all things considered over the scores.

The weather was pretty nice, with a small tailwind most of the shoot....there were many good scores.....Dr. Laura Winkel managed to shoot two 99's in the handicap events, winning the final handicap outright without a shootoff....Congrats Laura on the incredible shooting : ) More shoot results will follow.

Kim Stephens for 2008 will be the WSTA's first Lady President (she said she just wanted to beat Hillary) : ) Congrats to my wife and best friend : )

This is just a scratch on the surface.....there are many more folks that come to mind that made the shoot a great one, hopefully I got around in person to let them know....if not, be sure I will down the road. And it was great to see all of our friends who we haven't seen in a while.

Thanks again all who attended,

John Stephens 2007 WSTA President

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Drew, 99 was the high. RG

3. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

....."stop the wind", LOL...you bet Drew for you : )

Laura Winkel ran away with the final handicap, the previous poster gave you the score (99). That was Laura's 2nd 99 of the shoot in the handicap.

Hopefully Kim will post the results here on TS.COM soon.

Thanks again Drew, and it was nice seeing you.....I'm glad you thought the target setting was satisfactory. We try hard, but as you know there are many variables and all is not perfect all of the time.

All the Best,

John Stephens

4. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

not to mention the continued support of junior shooters like myself by Gerry and Kristi Williams as well as Teresa and Dick Kohn! Thanks guys!
    -Cole

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The WSTA website shown above now has the results for Sunday and the HOA and HAA.

6. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Thanks for mentioning more highlights....I'm sure there are 30 posts worth of thank you's that could go mentioned.

I got to sample some of Wayne's creations....pretty darned good. And Cole, Kim and I were fortunate to be able to share in Dick and Terri's gift cards you gave them for dinner last night : )

John Stephens

7. Lady KX-5

Lady KX-5 TS Member

Thank you ALL for your kind words regarding the Washington State ATA shoot. Gary...it was a pleasure meeting you (great shooting, by the way!). The website is now up-to-date for scores. Go to http://www.shootwsta.com and click on the blog feeds for the full report. Pictures soon to follow.

I also had the pleasure of meeting and shooting with TS.com's BLKLAB. Richard is a great shot, and fun squad mate. Sunday afternoon's targets were a little challenging to those not named Dr. Laura Winkel, but we had fun anyway!

TS.com's MikeTMX cleaned up on Out of State trophies! It's always a pleasure to see you, Mike, and to meet your lovely bride at last (yes, Mike is indeed married, LOL).

LJD Cashiering is such an asset to shooters in the Pacific Northwest. We can't say enough good things about the service they provide to our trapshooters and our board.

Bob McLendon is to be commended for the outstanding job he did in hosting this shoot. As many will attest, it is difficult at best to work AND shoot, yet Bob did both, smashing one of two 200 straights in the Championship Singles, regardless of his injuries!

I want to say a very special thank you to my husband, John Stephens. Many shooters made it a point to tell the BOD how enjoyable this shoot was for them, and I want to personally thank him for all the time, effort, and dedication he has brought to his position. I am very proud of the him for a job well done.

Here in Washington State, we are most fortunate to have a BOD that works cohesively, for the betterment of our shooters. Every decision made has the shooter's interest in mind. We have a strong out-of-state contingent that supports our clubs throughout the year, and we are most happy to provide trophies that hopefully they (as well as our residents) will be proud to display.

The WSTA is an association with which I am honored to be a member and officer, and I'm looking forward to my term as President.

Again....our thanks to all who participated in our 2007 State Shoot. We deeply appreciate your continuing support.

Kim Stephens
    WSTA

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Thanks for a great job, Kim and John. It is a good thing you generously provided OS trophies for the socially challenged Older Folks.

9. Lady KX-5

Lady KX-5 TS Member

Heck, Mike, that's half our OOS contingent! *Just kidding, of course!*

10. Lady KX-5

Lady KX-5 TS Member

Cole...you are an outstanding young shooter, and it was a pleasure to meet you. An even greater pleasure to give you your basketful of trophies. :)

Hope to see you soon, and we will certainly pass on your thanks to those you mentioned.

Take care, and shoot well,

Kim

11. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

Thanks for passing that onto them mrs. stephens... will you guys have the trophy pictures on shootwsta.com? Thanks
    -Cole

12. Lady KX-5

Lady KX-5 TS Member

We sure will, Cole. I'll have them posted tomorrow. :) Maybe I'll post the picture of you and Kody here on TS.com. And call me Kim. :)

Hopefully, we'll see you at the Zone shoot, in July.

Take care,

Kim

13. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Had a GREAT time at Spokane! Weather was beautiful, targets were set >FINE< the people were friendly and the cook made the best bacon & eggs in town! Got "walk-in" squadded on early squads with good sociable squadmates and even got the triggers on my new Beretta fixed by Phillip's Gunsmithing right there on the grounds.

Thank You--------WSTA and the Spokane Gun Club and especial thanks to the fellas from there who advised me here on TS.com as to motel accomedations and how to get to the Gun Club (flying into Felts Field, getting from Fancher to eastbound on I-90 was the tuff part, lol), from there I just followed the directions provided right to the Gun Club's parking lot.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

john stephens trap shoot

kim stephens video trap shooting

ljd cashiering