1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wash Your Hands

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Another death here in the Metroplex. Not considered as being a high risk case. (eighth grader) Best if you can get your flu shot if you can.

We as a society are ALWAYS greeting by shaking hands. You may not have anything, but you could just be passing from the last handshake or doorknob. Keep one of those little hand sanitizers in your pocket and use it often.

Wasn't too worried but a local hospital has decided that if they can't prove it is influenza A, then they will treat as swine (H1N1).

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Ironically, as I understand it, it is young healthy people who are in the most danger from H1N1. This virus causes people with very healthy immune systems to go into hyper-drive until the immune system turns against it's host. Older people whose immune systems aren't so acute don't get into the auto-immune cascade effect.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Could it be that are hyper cleanliness and antibiodics have created poor immune systems?

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Yup!

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

It's not the immune systems that have been compromised; all those antibioTics have created races of super germs that can find a workaround for any drug we can throw at them.

Lister

6. bigdogtx

Not quite as influenza is a virus and antibotics don't affect viruses,,,,like when you get a cold and in the long run it just has to run its course, but the sinus infection is helped by the antibotics.

7. GSPBirdDog

GSPBirdDog TS Member

Yep! Wash them hands!!! My 13 year old step daughter started out having a sinus infection.....then it went to strep throat/tonsilitus...now they just did bloodwork today and found out it is mono...
    The first doctor we took her to was a quack at an immediate care that said she had a sinus infection and just to let her body fight it without antibiotics.She never got better and got worse so 3 days later we took her to the emergency room to find out she had strep/tonsilitus and they put her on a low grade antibiotic....and again she never got better, so we went to a third doctor and he ran bloodwork to find out she has mono and put her on prednisone and z-pack....

And these people go to college for how many years????????????

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

We had two people die from H1N1 in eastern Iowa a couple of days ago, and by law, they can't even say what city or county it was in.

Here is the article.

Hauxfan!

9. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Boy this is a topic that burns me. MEN ARE SLOBS, I have been paying attention all spring and summer during my travels. I have made note of how many people were in the bathroom when I was there and how many I saw either did or did not wash their hands. It is disgusting over 1/3 of men do not wash. My next mission will put me in the A-hole category, but I am going top start going off on guys who are walking through. The message, you want to be a pig in your own home great, but I would like it if you not put my life at risk.

GS

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

midalake, How do you know the women are any better?

Besides, I think you should re-think your stance about talking to strange men men in the rest rooms.

Some of them may get the wrong idea and then again, some of them just may not like you trying to be their mentor.

Hauxfan!

11. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Heard a strange one today. One of my work mates said on the radio he heard that Canada has determined not to give out the regular flu shots this year. The reason being that people who were coming down with Swine flu were determined that 66% of them had the flu shot last year. Then there was some conjecture that the flu shot weaken the immune system to the swine flu. Have any of you guys heard about that one? With my daughter living at home and teaching the little ones I'll bet that everyone in this house will eventually come down with the flu. I know we have a lot of it in this county and the U of I campus is having an epidemic of it. I hate the flu. I just hope we don't get it all at once. Dan

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Midalake: at a very young age my Mom taught me not to pee on my hands when I go to the bathroom! Also learned that at Purdue! Tom Rhoads

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Go to a cheap buffet and watch all the gross hogs sneezing and coughing into their hands then grab the grimy serving spoons, yes we are the human animal.

When you leave the restroom look at the greasy area where most place their hand to open the door, don't touch this area.

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

An AirForce Office and a Naval officer were drink at a bar in San Diego at one point they both went to the rest room both peeded and start out to the bar the Naval Office washed his hands the Air Forcer Officer didn't thae Naval Officer spoke to that Air Force Officer " in the navy we were taught to wash our hands after taking a leak" Air Forcer officers response"in the air force they taught us not to pee on our hands"

15. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

My agoraphobia is returning and my paranoia is rising, not to mention my fear of needles. I read an article that speculated that older adults, those born before 1957 likely have been exposed to a similar virus, thus they have some immunity, hope it's true. This may be one time when it pays to be an old fart.

Robert

16. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

An unpublished study has suggested that people who got a flu shot last year had double the risk of catching swine flu compared to unvaccinated people.

However, the Public Health Agency of Canada has said a preliminary analysis of that study suggests there is no link between having a seasonal flu shot and developing a severe bout of pandemic flu. Canadian Press

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Lots of dirty boys and girls... I may have OCD, but at least I can say I don't catch much!

regards all,

Jay

18. ramen39

ramen39 Member

I have been feeling bad for 3 weeks. My Dr. told me that I may well have had the swine flu. Just hope you don't get it. Its been A long 3 weeks.

19. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Doctors are being urged to watch for cases of Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare nerve disorder, as the new swine flu vaccine is introduced in October.

20. bigdogtx

the metro plex got some and are going to give 80% of it to healthcare workers and the rest to kids,,,,the real bad thing is WE ARE GUESSING whether a person has swine flu,,,,it costs $1400 to run the test and it has to be done in Austin for us,,,,I would guess the deaths have been run but the others are just assuming and treating accordingly,,,,

BTW,,,,if you use the disinfectant gels (Purell et. al.) you should wash with soap and warm water after 4 or 5 uses of the gels,,,,was told this by the boss,,,,I don't know why, but I don't question her on matters relating to health....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.