1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wash D.C Cop Pulls His Gun Needlessly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

There was a snow ball fight in Washington DC and a red Hummer got hit by a snow ball. The guy in the Hummer then got out and pulled a gun. He pulled his gun on young people who were trying to break a worlds record on a snow ball fight. The DC PD TRIED to say he didn't till the film came out that he did. Now he is on desk duty. He should be fired for not being more responsible as a cop and with a gun. What are your thoughts?

2. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Hey Auctioneer,

The police Officer is like all the rest of them in D.C. just another s
    scatter brain.

What would the office done if a snowball hit him in the head, shoot

If not fired, he should be given something more responsible to do like
    feed and water prisoners.

Feedup

3. Auctioneer

I have been busy plowing driveways and I tape the news all the time. That way I skip over all the stuff that I don't want to listen to. I watch the news in about 5 min.

4. Charkat1

Charkat1 Member

Okay. Should he have drawn the gun? No. Was he upset and perhaps afraid? Yes, because he was outnumbered. Not trying to minimize what took place, but he was angered and may have felt threatened. Understood that it doesn't justify his lack of judgement, but cops "walk the line" every day. That's the line between life and death. LEO's are human, too, and although this could have escalated, it didn't.

Charlene

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

maybe brian in oregon can answer all of your questions.

6. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

He should have kept on driving, as would most normal people when out numbered and over a rather harmless act. Washington however is not known for having an abundance of normal people. J.W.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

He should have shot the offenders and/or perceived perps, found a couple of P.O. friends and headed to a bar to celebrate while signing his divorce papers!!

That sound about right Gary??

Curt

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Auctioneer- Authorities in Washington DC, snowball fight, red Hummer. My thoughts-- A similar thing happened in Boston. There was a snowball fight, and some snowballs were thrown at the authorities who were wearing red coats. The authorities fired on the crowd and killed a few. The authorities went to trial, hired John Adams as their lawyer and they got off. The shooters went back to England, John Adams became the second President and we read about the Boston Massacrer in text books.

At that time, Boston was a center for very strong conservative political thought. Things have now changed.

Pat Ireland

9. Auctioneer

Abbielew, Someone did hit him in the head with a snow ball. It was shown on TV. Sorry to say it didn't cool him down any. He started to push people around.

Charkat1, he was not afraid. He was mad that someone had the pair to throw a snow ball at his HUMMER and the him. That was what he was mad about and then he got madder when the people kept throwing snow balls at each other. He should have driven away like someone said above. He was not afraid but arrogant. YOU HIT MY HUMMER AND I"M A COP. OBEY ME NOW. He acted like Carman on South Park.

I know alot of police officers in my area and most are damn good people with a good head on their shoulder. This officer is not one of them.

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I wasn't there and don't know the circumstances. I wouldn't judge him on a news report alone. You never know what kind of a slant the reporters will put on a story.

11. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Don't you know? The snowballers were guilty of Contempt of Cop. Worse yet, contempt of cop of different color. They're lucky they're still converting oxygen to carbon dioxide.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

In some circles snowballs are weapons also, it pays to be prepared when involved in a snowball/gunfight ... You heard about the guy who brought a knife to a gun fight, right ..? Same difference except snowballs to a gun fight ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. TrapDoggie

TrapDoggie TS Member

Here is the video for those who have not seen it...

I realize most LEOs are the "good guys" - this guy is not.

Wonder if the police departments all over the country that back virtually every gun control law proposal will start advocating the banning of snowballs... This situation would have had a very different ending had there not been a large crowd and video cameras rolling - I can only imagine how much "Fun" that "Detective" would have had "teaching a lesson" to a lone teenaged snowball tosser... The guy should lose his job and possibly go to jail for assault and battery.

14. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Ya got to be careful when dealing with those in authority. Them thats' got the guns tend to use them against those that don't have the guns.

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I watched the video.. All I see is a croud out of control.. The officer should have called for backup before exiting his vehicle.. In New Orleans,the officers are better trained in croud control..(Mardi Gras).. A large display of officers..nicely asking snow ball throwers to take it off the city streets might have been a better choice.. A snowball can be a weapon..especially when rocks are included in the mass...but I don't think that was the case here.. If there is such distain.. looks to me by both black and white..maybe a new police chief might be in order..

16. Auctioneer

The clip didn't show him with his gun out. I'm sure if you google it you will find a clip with him out of his Hummer with a gun in his hand. I feel the people who were in the snow ball fight saw how wrong he was and then started to heckle him and only him. Even the cops that showed up saw that the kids were not a threat and you can see them putting their guns away. The cop who was mad as hell that someone hit his Hummer toy with a snow ball was the one who was out of control.

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    dbc61451, quote: <i>"maybe brian in oregon can answer all of your questions."</i>

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I've not kept up on this incident.

18. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

How does a cop afford a Hummer? Wayne

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Before all you John Wayne types get to critical maybe you ought to walk in his shoes. You weren't there and you don't really know what happened. He obviously saw something you didn't.

Suppose the snowballs bombarded another car and as a result they were in a accident then who is the bad guy??

I am glad so many "perfect people" post on this site.

Don

20. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Dan, you have guns. Have you ever routinely used them against someone that doesn't have a gun? I have carried a gun every day of my life since 2/4/1964 and in that time I have pulled my gun two times. Both times to counter a threat with a knife. I didn't need to fire the gun. The person was then willing to go to jail......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.