1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Was there a Survey? Where is it?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Cherokee Kid, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

On several recent threads, there have been several comments about a survey of shooters who have quit shooting registered targets. However, no one seems to be able to address anything in detail about this survey. It doesn't seem to be on the ATA site. Did anyone here get surveyed? What is the big secret? Why not publish the results in detail so that we can perhaps address the problems. So, does anyone know when the survey was done, who did it, who was surveyed, what were the questions and where are the results?

2. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Anyone? Anyone?

3. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Check this out.

4. JDS

JDS TS Member

surreptitious.

"JDS"

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Talk to your delegate. What makes you think it's going to made available to everyone. Read the other post, Neil talked about it.

I can hardly wait to hear you P & M if you don't get a copy.

Don

6. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

What are you jumping on me for, Don. Why be so defensive? What is so secret about the survey? Why not just post it up on the ATA site? The only thing I have found is that the reasons are time and money. Well, that's pretty general. I would hope there would be more info generated than that. And, why shouldn't it be made available to everyone?

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dang guys, if you've introduced anyone to the sport that's no longer with us, ask them? I plan to do the same thing. I wanna know also what was asked on the survey.

I think it's a fair statement to say trapshooting has always been an expensive, time consuming sport, nothing new there. Happynaz

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I suspect that if I were to request a copy of the report from my Zone President and offered to cover any expense associated with providing me with a copy, I would get one soon.

I have been doing an informal survey of former local shooters for many years. Most tell me that they quit because of time and money. But, checking records, it becomes apparent that most who quit were not very competitive when they did shoot. Getting answers from a survey is simple. Getting truthful and revealing answers from a survey is very difficult.

Pat Ireland

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

Maybe the survey went to the same place my scores did. All you have to do to get the resuls is ask Neil. He will get right on it as soon as he returns from that big shoot in Arizona.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I just participated in a very professionally constructed survey in my industry. It asked the same question a different way several times to generate a better weighted result. Jerry and Pat are right, you just can't ask simple questions if you want to reveal a persons true feelings about something.

My company conducted a survey for the NRA in which we called over 2500 geographically balanced members and had over 550 take the survey that consisted of over 45 questions. That is what it took to produce a statistically valid sampling.

I would certainly hope that the ATA survey had some questions that might help our Club in promoting our ATA shoots. In that the ATA doesn't have any competitors, like businesses do, there is no one that could get an advantage from the survey results. Consequently, what harm is there in posting up the questions and results?

On the other hand, Pat, I'll split the cost with you if you think you can get one from anyone.

JT

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

flincher; Where do you get off thinking that every member is entitled to every piece of paper that goes through the ATA?? Puff out your chest and tell the rest of the world that "by god I am entitled" and see what it gets you. If you want something go through your delegate, that's the way things work in the civilized world. It is called representation. You sure expect a lot for your $20 a year. By the way who pays the postage and the printing and you have to sent it to the other 40,000 who DON'T want a copy.

God get real and get off your high horse.

Don

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm not sure that any survey that may or may not of been conducted would be public information and probably should be held to be used for the good of the Association being as it represents the membership of the ATA ... The ATA is bound by a moral code of ethics based on individual "Integrity" and has been for years ... Does anyone have any personal knowledge of such a survey and if they do that is sufficient that one does exist, so that in itself is a good question ... I do not think Life members or Annual members who renew their membership would be notified of same or would be made part of any such survey, for obvious reasons ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I think a state of national emergency should be declared! I'm gonna have to take a sleeping pill tonight...I just know it!

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

For my own information, I asked the last three I introduced to the sport if they participated in the survey. None of you guys introduce anyone that no longer attends? Hap

15. chessney

chessney TS Member

I conducted my own survey.Here's how it went.
    Me: Hey buddy you shoot in the leauge,why not shoot the ata shoot on Sat?
    Buddy: Im interested,how much does it cost?
    Me: Well after you join,pay the fees for the event ect. Around $50.00
    Buddy: What will I win?
    Me: A belt buckel or a trophy
    Buddy: Do you think I have a chance to win?
    Me: Well...no, not right away.You see,since you are new they penalize you.You have to shoot with the"A" shooters a required amount of shoots. Till they see are a "D" shooter and then you might have a chance..
    Buddy: Uh...I dont think so...Doesn't sound fair...See ya..
    Ziggy

16. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Bigdon, do you hold an ATA office? As to cost, putting a PDF up on the website costs nothing.

17. smartass

smartass TS Member

I once put a very large PDF- stunk too.

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What do you do for those members who don't have computers?? How do you let them know it's there??

Read WPT's thread that sorta sums it up.

Don

19. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Preety lame Don. Same way you let them know that the Board Minutes are there and the same way you let them know they can check their stats in the Shooter Info database. BTW Don, WPT is a bowler now, not a trapshooter.

20. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

A local shooter recently quit, stating his gun is for sale so he can pay off a bill.

That's one! Survey started!?!

Danny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.