1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WAS THE 90T MADE BY KOLAR FOR REMINGTON?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yukon_870, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukon_870

yukon_870 Member

Was the 90T made by Kolar for Remington? It is a real solid built gun. When did Remington discontinue it? Why did they discontinue it?

2. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Yes, till they had a falling out. Remington wants all their farmed out projects built to a price point not a quality point. Look at their latest O/U fiascoes.

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

I think (JMO) the 90T is one of the BEST single barrel shotguns ever built. As Casadore says Look at some of their mess-ups. Remington O/U (New) that are made in Turkey-Pakistan (Wherever)and made by Ahmed Raggitty Butt are JUNK. JMO and i mean that in a CHRISTIAN WAY !!!!!!!!!!!! Joe joe90t

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

They are very solidly built and long lasting. We have the resident expert on 90T's here on this site.

Doug Braker, GunDr

Doug's Gunsmith Shop, 3929 8th Street Southwest, Backus, MN 56435.
    (218) 947-3600

5. jawingsr

jawingsr Member

Never knew remington outsourced 90-T production. Was only told that the 90-T and the 396 o/u (skeet and sporting)where considered "custom shop" models with the upgraded wood, details to finish, etc. on them. Years that 90-T was in production and was any of them done in house that's known ??? thanks, jim

6. eck44

eck44 TS Member

Had I had a 90t in my hands when I started shooting trap, I could have saved myself a lot of money buying high end target crunchers.eck44

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The 396 was just a sideplated Peerless.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

90T is a Kolar in Remington name only... as a matter of fact, Kolar will only work on the 90T in addition to its own branded guns...

Doug Braker (GunDr) is an excellent resource for any 90T work required...

Jay

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Doug was Kolar's employee that was in charge of the 90T project. Kolar outsourced the wood. Jaqua's and GU bought and sold the remaining inventory when production stopped.

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I bought one from joe90t about 8 months ago. Best investment I ever made. Not only from a $$$ point of view but also it was the best thing I have ever done for my shooting success and enjoyment. I am going to buy another one soon, just to have an extra. The one I have came as new in box but had Briley thin wall chokes which almost turned me away from it. I am really glad I did it now as the chokes are real target smokers. I have always preferred chokes over fixed and this was a clincher. not only did I gain a nice gun but a good friend. joe is top shelf

11. TomB

TomB Member

Hi Guys
    I have the actual 90T that Remington pictured in their sales brochures and a letter of authenticity to the original owner (not me). I've been shooting it
    with a Kolar release. I've also had Briley make me four chokes. It does NOT have Braker's updates. It breaks em if you point right.
    I'm probably going to get out of the game. If anyone's interested in buying it , send me a PM. TomB

12. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

TomB, if you can post pictures, one of us 90T "Nuts" might try to purchase it.Joe joe90t P.S let me add this - I AM Proud to call cubancigar2000- Lou, My Friend. Joe joe90t

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

90t is a great trap gun. It is well built regardless of who made it. BT100dc

14. redhawk

redhawk Member

If I remember right(I had this conversation with Doug Braker),the only thing that was supplied by Remington was the barrel blanks.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You are correct, remington supplied the barrel ( blanks) nothing else. The 90 T is basically a Kolar

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Yes.

GB
    DLS

17. 3on8

3on8 Member

They should have made them in over and under too....

18. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

A friend shoots one, a really nice one in fact. He'd been struggling with the dreaded "flinch-disease" for the last year or so. We gave him the answer to the puzzle quite a while ago, but he refused to even consider a release. Long story short, he finally sent it off to Kolar to have it done. The gun came back recently and Mark did a hell of a job with the trigger. Guess what the score for the first round with a release trigger was? Here's a clue...25 puffs of smoke with that fixed full barrel...

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar 90t

why did reminton discontinue 90t