1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@..Was Geo. Bush a good President?..@@

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Capt. Morgan, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

AAA knows about as much about what fuel prices will be 3 months from now as anyone posting here knows about the price of shot the day after that. Stop staking your life on these predictions!

Morgan

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

He still is president. My feeling is the countries that we help, how are they helping us back. They should sell us oil cheaper, offer military help, offer money in return and help with the cost of the war.

The only country that paid us back in full was SWITZERLAND I believe.

Oil and wheat were traded equally I barrell oil = 1 bushel wheat bring that standard back, or those foreign oil countries can eat and drink their oil.

Where are these people protesting where we drill oil getting their money? We should check it out, I bet you will find it is coming from foreign nations just to cost us millions and billions of dollars.

The us SENATE and HOUSE of REPRESENTATIVES ought to investigate where they are getting their money to fund their operations. Bullshit on a clam on the endangered species, that no one needs or cares for, we need to drill for oil we have lots of it available, these people are TERRORISTS to me.

Our oil preserves in our country are waiting to be tapped, but enviromentalists
    are killing us and our living monies, and gasoline for our vehicles.

Send the enviromentalists where they have no electricity, no running water, no natural gas, no gasoline and no vehicles and see how they like it.

You heard it from me.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'll say Bush (43) is a good President. Whether or not we like his position on any given topic - here is guy who takes a stand on an issue - popular or not, and sticks to it - no flip-flopper! He's true to his family.

Now, let's talk business. Only the legislative branch of the government can make policy, spend money, enact laws - period. The President can veto, but has no authority on the former. Yes, he is the de-facto leader of his party and we can point to the failures of the Repulican-majority Congress, but when he's the leader of the minority party or doesn't get the cooperation of his own party, he's a lame duck!

Price fixing has never worked. I do get p.o'd when traders move the price of commodities to extremes - but other than manipulating the volume of pumped oil - Opec can't do much - I'm more optimistic when the new refineries come on line to increase the supplies of gasoline, that we'll see some relief in the next year or two.

Jay Spitz

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Has anyone of us cut back?I haven't so far.
    Where is Iraqs oil money going?
    Did someone say it was going to help pay for the war?
    They are putting out less now then when Sadam was in.

They can cut the price of oil overnight. The word is (RATION).

Guess what this is not going to happen.

We all want to drive anywhere we want and not have to worry about gas.

So,we pay the price.$5.00 or $6.00 dollars per gallon you may see.

Then we all may slow down.
    The sad part is the price of food will go thru the roof.

Oil production in most countries has already peaked.We are now on the down hill grade.

So,people hang on.It was fun while it lasted.

Bo

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

If he were in the mix again, I'd vote for him again...not saying he was the best, but I believe he did his best. Sometimes stubborn to the point of question. But I think he was the best man for the job.

I wouldn't want to imagine what would have happened the last 8 yrs if some of the others got the job instead. What you see is what you get and I like that in him. You know what he stands for , and he doesn't back down.

He is a person who is comfortable in his own skin...not sticking his finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing before he makes a decision. And a man of faith also. He had a lot dumped in his lap with 9/11, and I think he handled it the best he could.

puablo

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

My biggest disappointment in him was he never once stood up and refuted any of the countless lies told about him. No finger waggin', no nothin'. I guess if he had, he would never have gotten anything else done.

Things sure would have been a lot simpler for all of us if those savages had just left the Trade Center alone.

7. I WON

I WON TS Member

Yes, he is.

8. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I agree with the majority, yes he is. Also would vote for him again even though I don't agree on all his stands. One thing is for certain,he will take a stand and stick to it. J.Woolsey

9. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Yes, George Bush has been a good president.

We are free and safe in the face of many terrorists who want to do us arm. He also has a great wife and mom and dad.

Ed Ward

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

My only problem with Bush is the whole border issue, especially when he said many times "their only filling jobs Americans won't do". To me, that showed much arrogance and total detachment from the average working family.

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

They are filling jobs that AMERICANS won't do, but I don't like them to be ILLEGALLY here. They work hard and send money home to their families.
    I respect their hard work.
    I don't respect the ILLEGALITY issue.
    We should build the WALL or FENCE between Mexico and USA and release the border gaurds that were railroaded into prisn because of the MEXICAN Government.
    The BORDER gaurds were found INNOCENT by the TEXAS RANGERS the best in the country. And they still went to PRISON for doing their job.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. BustClays

BustClays Member

He sent my son to Iraq twice. My son and I both love and respect him a great deal.

My son is my biggest personal hero but GW is next in line:

<a href="http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/rdrnr/?action=view&current=GWBush.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

bustclays

13. Rooksd1

Rooksd1 Member

I think he is hated by some because he won't engage in all the bull thrown at him. History will show he had alot to deal with, but he stuck to his guns and got it done even when it was unpopular.

14. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Yes he is.

15. finger

finger TS Member

Yes, Mr. Bush has been a very good president. I hope he remains so for the rest of his term.

The fire in the refinery in TX, I believe, the other day and threats by OPEC to lower production have only added to the futures traders fears which is what is driving the price of oil up in recent days. Long term world demand exceeds current supply which has caused most of the price hikes. Chavez has not helped either. This spike is temporary. If we really want to help bring the price of gasoline down we must take the restrictions off exploration, drilling and production in the USA. Let the market work. We are once again our own worst enemy. When will we ever learn? bob finger

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Imagine Gore as president....We got the best man...by far. I believe his legacy will be better than his current standing.

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

On balance, I would say that he was (is) a goor President. HOWEVER,
    there are certain gaping holes in his conservatism; the borders are still open, there is no plan to deal with illegal aliens, sending was allowed to rise precipatately, he did not get drilling permitted either in ANWR or off shore, he did not get Iraq to pay for the cost of the war (not even partially), he tried to shoehorn Myers onto the Supreme Court, Ramos and Campeon are still in prison becasuse of his friend the prosecutor, and a great deal more.

That being said, he also dismsmbered much of the Islamo-fascist threat and restored some of the world's confidence in America. Sarkozy and Merkel would not have been elected if this were not so.

The strange part is that history, written not by us but by others who were not there, will place Bush in the order of US Presidents. Ironic, isn't it?

18. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Dubya a good prez.????? Well yes if your R. Perro, B. Gates, Melon clan or a member of the Texas Oil Cartel that created him. He didn't want to president or even gov. of Tx. He just wanted to pal around with Jim Bean and Jose Quevro. However, Carl Rove aka Turd Blossom was sent by the T.O.C. to find a stooge that they could easily control and do their bidding. Enough said. History will define his place as a good or bad prez...Mike

19. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I liked him in the first term but not so much the second. His administration seemed to mirror what was happening to the GOP as a whole. He started out conservative but then went moderate in the 2nd term, pandering to the left on immigration and things like the high-cap magazine ban sunset. But look at the GOP as a whole. The fact that Giuliani was seeking the nomination seriously and that they are about to nominate John McCain shows that the Republicans have gone back to the Nixon/Rockefeller/Ford days of the moderate to left Republicans. So Bush 43 was a good reflection of the moderate take over of the party after the good old Reagan 80's and Gingrich 90's.

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I love the way liberals think. If it were not for republicans, most of them would soon starve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.