1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Was Aurora shooting a movie trailer copycat crime?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-gangster-squad-dark-knight-rises-shooting-20120720,0,7973410.story

There is a scene in the new "Gangster Squad" movie trailer where mobsters fire on a movie theater audience from behind the screen. Warner Brothers has been playing this trailer heavily. Suddenly it's been pulled, and even You Tube is removing the trailer and the scene from their site.

But, of course, you can't blame society and entertainment media for this. No, it has to be the guns.

Riiiiight.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Of course.

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

With no guns he might have set the theater ablaze and killed many more people.

Robert

4. Brian in Oregon

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Lets no forget those wonderful 3D computer games that make killing and death so realistic that young impressionable and sometimes not so stable minds think nothing of doing the same thing in real life...sadly

6. quartering

quartering Active Member

tarantino. inglourious basterds

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Too bad the theater patrons weren't carrying that evening. Would have been great to see a couple law abiding citizens part the shooter's hair permanently when he started firing, and avoid an insanity defense, trial, appeal and years of free meals and health care that this guy will get.

John

8. oz

oz Active Member

I read on another thread that Aurora had a shooting in a church on 4-22-2012 a gunman stood up and shot a person, before he could shoot another a parishoner stood up an shot him dead.

9. Brian in Oregon

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

If I were king for the day, I would make public execution for mass shooters caught with a smoking gun, within ten days of the crime. I don't care if they are insane, more reason to burn them.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

quoting a couple of radio shows,,,,,,there seems to be a Batman comic years ago that the Joker shot up a theater......

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My grandson told me about the comic, and this freakin screwball reportedly told the police "I'm the Joker".

Computer role playing games reportedly were a big part of his life.

So apparently not liking reality, he created his own reality.

Too bad he didn't think he was Spiderman, the only damage would be a dented car roof somewnere.

HM

13. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So yesterday my wife and I went to see the movie.

A couple times I noticed a person came into the theater during the movie run, look at the crowd, then move down to the exit door near the screen and then go back out the way they came.

I could tell they had theater employee clothing on and decided could be a security measure.

Never took my eyes off them while they were in there, even though I was convinced they were ok.

Now, i have seen theater employees check both the crowds and the exit door many times before, but I think they were checking the people to see if anyone snuck in food and the door in case it was open to let people sneak in to watch the movie for free. I don't remember seeing it happen more than once during the movie run.

After we left the theater and discussed the film, I asked my wife if she saw what I did. I cannot remember the number of times I have told her, "be aware of your surroundings, watch what is going on around you."

Her answer was "No"

I think if we were in the car and a flying saucer passed us, then shot up straight up into the sky, she would miss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.