1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Was $100,000.00 announcement a mistake this early?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

With the shooting season just getting under way was it the wrong time to announce the $100,000.00 prize? Will this in fact encourage many from becoming sandbagers in the next few months? That's a $100,000.00 reasons to shoot bad scores for the rest of the year until the Grand.
    Just a thought, Bernie

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was too early to announce the prize. I do think it was a little early to announce mandatory shells. Why announce it before it has even been approved? An odd practice it seems.

Bob

3. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Bernie K,
    The announcement timing is immaterial in my eyes. BUT the ATA Central HDCP committee better have their running shoes on & be EXTREMELY carefull with every HDCP entry. Every HDCP shooter who plays the game for the "Big Win" will be there! It's going to drag out every potential winner and gambler from all states and then some even further! It will definitely improve attendance unless $4.00 plus gasoline shows up at the pump this summer!
    Respectfully submitted,
    .....Jet Boat Bill ATA Life Member

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I believe the mandate of new shells is going to cut the attendance, the only real question would be by how much ..? People do not like change but readily accepted the change when the ATA opened the gates with allowing reloads to be used ... The cost factors, be that as they may is the best excuse in the world to now eliminate attending the Grand which never would of been an issue if the New Shell rule was never set aside in the first place ... This is "Speculation" at best but we will all see in due time ... I hope I am wrong but I thought that once before and I was mistaken ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

I have noticed since the Grand moved to Sparta that 90% of the hulls on the ground were either reloaded hulls or they were the cheaper off brand shells.
    That should tell us something. If it didn't matter, you would still see new Federal papers, new AA's, new Remington, Gold Medals etc. I saw very little of the new ones. Most traps, there wasn't any new name brand hulls to be seen.

I know exactly what is in my shells, no mis-fires, no bloopers. Every hull is checked and every batch is chronographed (1197 to 1203 fps). I can't say that about shooting new shells at Vandalia. I have had lost targets because of bloopers where the wad cleared the barrel. That rule, in my opinion, should have been excluded at the Grand. If you have to shoot their shells, you shouldn't have to worry about losing a target if you had a blooper where the shot landed on the trap house. Sorry, I seem to have gotten off the subject matter..No Comment...

Just my penny's worth
    Grizz

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Simple solution. Change the name of the ATA to the AMERICAN Trapshooter's Assn. Amateurs don't play for money, just pride, acclaim and trophies.

If the current ATA is a 501(c-3) organization the members should be also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.