1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Warwick gun cases ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jerry chipman, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

Opinions, great, good or so so? Thanks. Jerry

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

As a famous Tiger says, they're GRRREAATTT! Getting someone to reply to your telephone calls and emails is tough since Paul, the founder of the company, passed away. But they're worth the hassle.

Ed

3. dsid01

dsid01 TS Member

Very good case would'nt have anything else

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I love mine. I have the black cloth covered model with brass hardware. Looks great, but gets dirty easily and attracts Gaby the yellow lab's hair like a magnet. I'd get a different color next time.

Guy Babin

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I'm right with Guy.

Very pleased with the construction and quality of the case. We were going to get the maroon and switched to black at last minute. The black does show dirt more than I care.

Warwick will get my next purchase.

SW

6. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

+1 on previous comments. The quality of Warwick cases is top notch, easily rivaling the much more expensive Americase at a better price. Have had both the aluminum, and cordura cloth cases-the aluminum is better for hard travel, but the cloth covered case is lighter, for easier carry and I personally like it better. I knew Paul, and he was a real gentleman and shooter. Glad we are still able to get his cases, but as Averaged says, a little harder to get hold of. But worth the effort.

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Are you still really able to get them?

I bought one at last year's Grand for Martin's birthday present. He tells me that they haven't made any new ones all summer, but you may be able to get one from a distributor, if they have any in stock.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Agree with above. It's all good.

9. Twixter

Twixter Member

Cases are still available from the family. Call the number in Trap and Field add. I know that they are hard to contact, but keep trying. Mick

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I have two, a cloth covered case which I am happy with, and an Aluminum case to "fly" with, I like this one as well, but I feel that the two locks are a little flimsy and the "lever" on the bottom of the lock just about hangs to the bottom of the case and sticks out too far, it would be too easy for baggage handlers to mishandle and either snap off the lever or pop it open when they toss it (and they DO). I always wrap a couple of wraps of duct tape over the locks and one around the case when I fly with it, just in case.

11. Janet

Janet TS Member

Paul's cases were excellent quality - family supposed to be carrying on business. Maybe you could write them "snail mail" if nothing else works. Keep trying - you won't be sorry.

Janet CJ Enterprises

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.