1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Warwick Gun Case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lyndon Shumaker, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyndon Shumaker

Lyndon Shumaker Member

I am needing a gun case for my Browning XT. I like Americase but the Warwicks are about half the price. I have never seen a Warwick case, can anyone tell me how they stack up to Americase????????????????????

Thanks
    Lyndon Shumaker

2. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Ive had both and I believe they both are good cases bu the warwick is half the cost and I think more durable. my two cents alex Kotter

3. teleskier

teleskier Member

Another thumbs up for the Warwick. We have two of them. I am not sure how tall your rib is on the XT but my Citori Plus needed the barrel channel to be one inch wider than the one he makes normally so he did that for me. As a result the case is also a tad wider than the standard single gun case.

mike

4. Jim Pollock

Jim Pollock TS Member

I have both a Warwick and an Americase. The Americase may be a bit prettier but it has a panel with a hole punched in it thanks to airline hospitality and it happened to be inside a Big Sky Case Cover at the time. If the truth were to be known, I think the shoulder strap for the Big Sky Case Cover, which was in the side pocket of the case cover at the time, concentrated the impace causing the damage. The Warwick Case has a rivited frame and aluminum skin compared to the Americase welded frame and masonite panels. The Americase may be a bit more esthetically pleasing to the eye but the Warwick is tough.

Jim Pollock

5. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

I bought a Browning fitted gun case off of ebay for about 140. I am pleased with it. Unfortunately I cannot find the vendor I bought it off of.

6. Etiquette

Etiquette Member

When I travel on the airlines I use my Warwick case. Very strong and does not look like a gun case.

7. Mac V

Mac V Guest

My Warwick is probably strong, but when it was made, the latches were attached over top of rivets that hold the case skin on. As a result, both latches are distorted and neither one latches as well as it should and one side barely catches. I lock them when I close the case and put 2 velco straps around the case for security because I don't trust the latches.

Mike

8. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Mr. Shumaker:
    I recently bought two WARWICK cases and I am very pleased with them. I think that you'll find Paul very easy to talk to. He is a gentleman. Call him at (866)868-9410. He's in the central time zone (Wisconsin)

9. dws

dws TS Member

I agree with Kotter... I have a single gun americase and a two gun warwick. IMO, the warwick is heavier and more durable. Also, when you call warwick you speak directly with Paul and he is a great guy to work with.

Dennis

10. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Buy the Warwick case. You can buy 2 for the price of one Americase and in my opinion are better built. Ed

11. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Warwick and you will not be sorry.

12. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Paul and Warwick are tops in my opinion. I have three of his cases and they really do the job.

Hank Cross

13. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I bought a warick case from Paul a couple of years ago for my XT.
    Great case and great guy to deal with. I also shoot at some of the same clubs Paul does and enjoy talking with him when he's there.
    You won't be sorry with the Warick.
    And as Paul knows, his case is much lighter than the one I built out of Birdseye maple for my superposed.
    Shane

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have an Americase and a Warwick, of the two I much prefer the Warwick because its just as strong and a lot less weight ... I never would of bought the Americase if I didn't get such a deal on it in the first place, live and learn I guess ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. teleskier

teleskier Member

TOMK2

I believe Paul was referring to the Citori Plus rib. I had to have him make my barrel channel and inch wider to accept the barrel properly thus the whole case is an inch wider. You may want to talk with him about that so your XT barrel fits properly and is not loose. I posted about this earlier in the thread. Mike

16. 1atatime

1atatime TS Member

The vote is in: Warwick!

17. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

TOMK2,

I have a 2 gun 3 barrel aluminum case since 97. It has lots of air miles on it and even the airlines haven't screwed it up yet. It is by far the best case on the market, and a bargain to boot. One thing about Paul, he tells it like it is no BS on his products.

CHEERS

18. happy

happy Member

Anyone wanting a Warwick case I will be bringing a selection to the Spring Team Shoot in Michigan this weekend. Paul has allowed me to sell his fine cases this summer. Look for GOTA HAV IT just between the kitchen and the restrooms. I hope my spot hasn't changed.. Norm Gilmoure

19. teleskier

teleskier Member

TomK2

Email may not be the best with him. Try calling him again. Also realize he has been having some VERY serious health issues...Mike

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Another way to look at the case. Go to Ebay and look up Americase and you wil find them for sale. If you look up Warwick you will not find them for sale on Ebay because people keep them or have others who will buy them right away. I have only seen 1 Warwick case on Ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

warwick gun case