1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Warwick cases and Pro Reach powder?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ajax, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Can someone give me the name of the person that took over Warwick cases? Do they have a web site?

Has anyone tried out the new Pro-Reach powder from Alliant?

Quite a spread,huh.

Thanks,
    Ajax

2. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

The guy that took over Warwick is Mick McGinley and it is now called Mar Mic Gun Case Co. His e-mail is twixter@verizon.net or his number is 877-962-6233.

Dan

3. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

OK, now what about the Pro-Reach powder?

Ajax

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Try finding the Powder. Very few dealers will have it. Data is pretty sparse also. I almost didn't think they ever made any, but there is some available from Midway-usa and a few others. It's not worth the Haz-Mat for me to try it. It looks to be almost similar to Longshot in application. I can get LongShot locally if I feel the need for speed.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I can't find any to try out either.

One of the biggest problems with Longshot is the noise. Our club has some noise issues. Another thing the patterns have not been as good as I would like at long ranges. I was hoping someone had tried Pro-Reach and found results a little different.

Ajax

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ajax,

Try patterning some Longshot loads in the 28-29 grain area with 1 1/8oz - 1 1/4oz. Also use a quality wad. You'd be amazed how well Longshot patterns when it's backed down to the 1330-1350fps area.

ss

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Ajax

Unfortunately, most of the heavy loads will be real "boomers". I don't think there is a powder that will get the speed without the noise. Not having tried Pro-Reach, I can't say if it will generate less noise, but I doubt you can get a heavy load to be quiet without using some extravagant means. My old Blue Dot, W540, W571, WSF, Herco, and similar loads were usually quite loud. Longshot seems no different in that regard. One more comment about Longshot and similar powders. There have been some strong warnings from the powder companies about NOT reducing loads with these powders. Before trying ANY reduced loads, I'd strongly suggest checking with the powder manufacturer. Personally, I'd use a powdere that was more suitable for the velocities I was trying to attain.

You could always look around for one of those "Metro" barrels/extensions that were once made by Hastings. Add three feet of barrel to what you already have, and it might quiet it down some.

8. rocktire

rocktire Member

I have loaded a pound of Pro-reach. Works well for me. Pretty much the same results as longshot. Quite a bit bulkier. I loaded 27.5 grains with a 34 bushing in my mec. I load 28.5 with a 29 bushing on long shot. I thought if performed pretty well. I can get it at my powder supply shop any time now so it must be getting more available.

good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pro reach powder availability