1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Warren Buffett

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tj303, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

Obama, and the liberals, fail to note their favorite billionaire has made billions more at the taxpayers expense. From CNN!

" it's worth noting that Buffett has profited one hell of a lot more than the country that was supposed to benefit from all these Buffett-approved bailouts and stimuli. He gets billions; we get a big coulda-been-worse!"

complete article. http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/24/opinion/welch-buffett-christie/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So lets be honest here, if you had the same opportunity you wouldn't have done the same thing?

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Lets be honest.

Buffet is a frequent advisor to, and @sshole buddies with, Obummer. Buffet has profited handsomely from investments that paid off because of administration decisions. Obummer stepping on the Keystone Pipeline deal is a recent example.

Unless you're a member of Congress, trading on inside information will put you in the slammer. I'm not saying Buffet made investments based on inside information but lets be honest. Isn't it a tad suspicious when a prominent administration @ss kisser makes big money from decisions the administration makes?

sissy

4. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Lets be honest. Warren Buffet is a hypocrite. He has been fighting the IRS for back taxes he owes. Nearly a billion dollars. I don't think that has been settled yet. Ma be if Warren Buffet would pay his back Taxes he wouldn't be so big on raising others.

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

This is the clown who challenged the GOP to "share" and he'd match the money. Hell, he ought to challenge the Democraps to give in the first place. Romney gave 30% of his income to charity, Obama 1% and Joe Biden $369. My wife and I, retired on fixed incomes, beat Joe by 20 times.
    Buffet ought to write a check or shut up.

6. warren

warren Member

There is something about Warren Buffet that we do not know, the guy has got to be a capitalist through and through because that's where he's made billions he buys companies that are in bad shape cheap and rebuilds or liquidates them just like Romney did and yet he supports higher taxes and gov't spending it just does not add up to me. There's got to be something else we don't know about, like that railroad he owns profiting from the hold up of the Keystone pipeline.

warren

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Buffet has made more money that he could ever want or need, and now he's trying to atone himself for all the ruthless things he did to make the money

In his thinking he's trying to make everybody think he's a saint so he can buy his way into heaven

But it doesn't work that way

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wow!!!! Republicans cutting down a Capitalist! Imagine that. Does it maybe have something to do with him being a left leaning business owner. Huh. Imagine that. That sounds hypocritical. Republican Capitalists are heros, while Democratic Capitalists are crooks. Makes sense to some I suppose.

9. likes-to-shoot

I wasn't defending him.

All I'm saying is that if any one of you had an opportunity to invest money to make more you would do it. You could claim you wouldn't because of some high moral standards but my money is on the fact that you will make the investment.

Savage.......Romney's 30% charity donation, is that before deductions or after? Do you suppose that the 30% helped him on his taxes as far as making that way to go the cheapest way? What, another millionaire taking advantage of the system?? you don't say!!

Bill

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

11. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I don't care whether it was before or after taxes...or whether or not it helped him on his taxes. Fact remains, from his tax returns he is already giving. I'm not a fan of his and he has not got my vote yet but I admire anyone who supports those less fortunate with their own money......I do it because it is the right thing to do...and I support those who are trying...I don't want big government telling me to give so those who don't want to work won't have to.

12. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

BILL & MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION TRUST
    Beneficial Owner (10% or more) Feb 26, 2010 - 77,313,900 shares

BUFFETT WARREN E
    Officer Jul 6, 2011 - 26,675,175 shares owned

At $120,000 a share for Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Common, this is where the money is. Buffett gave the shares to the Gates Foundation.

You too can own the stock. Any stockbroker will be happy to receive the order.

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Thanks Galt, that must of put a stiffy in the pants. Finally a misspelling of a word you could attack. Thanks. I am not sure it makes you worth any more to society though, probably not any more worthless either.

14. likes-to-shoot

Not bad for a "clown" eh. I only wish I was smart enough to add that up to see how it compared to Mitt.

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

A "stiffy in the pants"- sounds like something a Mrs. Keet clone would say. LOL

Here is a Keeter "stiffy in the pants"

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.