1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Warning: this gun stock builder is a fraud

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    "Hello. I need for you to make a gun stock for me with 1/2 inch rise at comb, 3/8 inch positive offset, 6 degrees camber and 14 1/2" length of pull so that I may crush clay pigeons, and I want you to guarantee me it will shoot 100 straight, over and over, so that I may become a trap shooting champion. I would like the wood to be something called grade 6, and I want it made so that it will fit a JC Higgins bird shotgun since that is what I already have. I don't want to spend more than one hundred dollars, to save money"

"Where did you get those specifications?"

"I talked to some people on trap shooters dot com and they assured me this is what I need."

Did any of these people meet you and measure you to create those specifications?"

"No, they said they didn't need to take measurements. Some other people on there said I did need to get measured and even use something called a try gun, but the ones who talked first became very angry and the other people didn't say any more so I knew the first guys were right."

"How could you possibly believe you could create stock specifications without getting measured?"

"You are an expert, that is why I am telling you, so you can build my stock the right way."

"I can't build your stock the right way without meeting you and taking measurements and watching you shoot."

"Yes you can. You are an expert. You can build a stock that will shoot 100 straights using the specifications I have given you. I got those measurements from people on trap shooters dot com who KNOW. You are just trying to make me spend a lot of extra money on something I don't need."

"If the people on trap shooters dot com are such experts, why don't you have them build your gun stock?"

"None of them has actually built a gun stock before, but they all shoot guns so they KNOW."

"If you believe they are experts, you need to have them build your gun stock."

"No, you are an expert gun stock builder. I just need a stock made to those specifications that will break 100 straights with my JC Higgins bird shotgun with grade six wood and I need it guaranteed, for less than one hundred dollars to save money."

"I couldn't possibly guarantee you that a stock made to those specifications will work for you, and I can tell you right now there is no stock I or anyone else can build that is going to make a JC Higgins bird gun break 100 straights."

"Why are you being so difficult? I have already given you specifications created for me by guys on trap shooters dot com who shoot clay pigeons. These guys know what they are talking about. I just need you to build the stock and guarantee it."

"How do you know these guys on trap shooters dot com know what they are talking about?"

"Because they SHOOT clay PIGEONS. You are an expert gun stock builder but these guys SHOOT clay PIGEONS. They KNOW about this stuff."

"Clearly I don't know as much as these guys on trap shooters dot com. Have them build your stock."

"But NO. They don't have the equipment and tools. That's why I am hiring you. You have all that stuff and know how to do it. I already have specifications from guys who SHOOT. They TOLD me this would work. You are just trying to trick me in to spending a lot of money on fancy sounding stuff that isn't needed. I already have the right specifications."

"I'm sorry but I don't let other people tell me how to do my work. You need to find someone else."

"But you are an EXPERT! I don't want to find someone else. I just want you to do this work and guarantee I will become a trapshooting champion with my JC Higgins bird shotgun. If you were really an expert you could do this for me."

"I AM an expert gun stock builder, but I build them my way, or not at all. Now please take your request elsewhere. I don't want to work for you."

"I came to you because you are an expert gun stock builder and now you are refusing to build my gun stock for no good reason. I have given you specifications from guys who KNOW. These guys SHOOT clay PIGEONS. I am going back to trap shooters dot com and tell everyone you are a phony and a liar and that you are no expert at all. When I am done no one in America will ever use you again."

"Hey everyone, I tried to get this so called expert to build my gun stock, but he insulted me and told me lies and tried to get me to to pay for a bunch of stuff I don't need. This man is dis-honest and a liar and a con man and a fraud and if I were you I would take my business elsewhere."
  2. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Well done!
  3. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    I'm confused--is this new "move on.org" or a nigerian scam ?
    Oh wait, I see---I send you $100 and you provide me a stock that will "guarantee" me a 100 straght--I like that--I think I'll send you $500 I think that equates to 500 straght (and I dont even need high grade wood).
    Better yet, chalk it up as an idiots effort to show his ignorance (which he has done quite well).
  4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    </i>Have you tried to buy a car lately? I'd like to know how that turned out for you.
  5. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Oct 1, 2006
  6. RAScott

RAScott Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Pretty Good cast! I'm not biting.
  7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Wireguy..........I need a name....I have a great piece of wood and want/need a new stock on my K gun. I don't want the same problem.

Rick in Mt
  8. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Wireguy, you been a trapshooter too long. You know the drill to a "T"
  9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    Fantastic deal a Grade #6 Wood stock w/ trap dimensions finished and checkered for $100.00 a fantastic deal!!!! I would have refused to build it too.

Nice Trolling

But I am not biting.

Gary Bryant
  10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I liked it.

Rich in Indiana
  11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Shawnee, Kansas, USA

You should wait until April 1st to post this stuff.
  12. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Great! Kind of like the calls we get almost daily.

Ring. "I got this old German Luger. I need to know what it is worth".

Me. "Bring it in, we'll look it over and appraise it for you. No charge."

Caller: "Can't you give me a ballpark figure?"

Me. "Not without seeing it."

Caller: "But it is really nice."

Me: "I really have to see it.

Caller: "I thought you people knew guns".
  13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Well done.. and actually quite accurate..
  14. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

May 3, 2008
    What's wrong with a J.C.Higgins????
  15. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Well done and that was great humor for me this morning. I can't stop laughing. I am going to print that one out and fame it for my front lobby. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Dennis DeVault
  16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Please post his name & all pertinent info because I also need the same thing for my H.&R. single shot, all the trapshooters I know say that I MUST have a break open gun for this game, and this is the only break open gun I own. wait a minute maybe it's a Stevens, oh well anyway I'm even willing to take out a loan from the bank for an extra $25.00 if that will expedite things. Merry Christmas to ALL-- Ross Puls
  17. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    That is exactly the stock builder I want for me. Well said!
  18. remkoff

remkoff TS Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I'll take five, lmao
  19. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    broke my first 50 with a JC Higgins, no joke, but it wore parts out, and wouldn't stay shooting, so I bought an 870
  20. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    You are way off base. A J.C. Higgins was a poor choice from the git go and your gunsmith is wise to refuse to deal with you. Had you requested similar performance from an Ivory Johnson, he would have been much more agreeable. Give him another shot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jc bird builders

nigerian shotgun stock