1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WARNING...HOWARD L MCCALEB

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GunDr, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Howard, your email acct has been hacked. Someone has access to your contact list. I just received a scam letter...

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and i came down here to London,UK for a short vacation to visit a resort and got mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where we lodged.All cash,credit cards and mobile phone were stolen from us. thank God we still have our passport ID with us, We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all,our flight leaves today and We're having problems settling the hotel bills, we still have some money in our account but we don't have access to it right from here.

The hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the hotel bills($1,650USD)now am freaked out.Please reply and let me if can you have the money wire to us through Western Union we promise to pay back as soon as we get back home.

Thanks,
    Howard

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

This is an oldie who has been making the rounds for quite some time now.

It is obvious that is some kind of virus or worm.

I got the same letter last year from a gal I know and I know she wasn't overseas. It took a while for her to get her email back up and running. I think she had to close her Yahoo account and open up another one.

Hauxfan!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Poor Howard. Nobody gonna help him and his family? I've personally sent money to bail out quite a few of my family members lately who were stranded in various countries. I must have the most unlucky family. Thank goodness I had a pretty hefty bank account or I wouldn't have been able to wire them the money via Western Union to the people helping out in Nigeria. There is still good people left in this World.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

LMAO@Matt!! Matt, I'm stuck in Vail and in dire need of cash for toys for tots!! Thet B me fur sur. :)

Harem Crampbull

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I'm a sucker for a sob story,and sent you the funds you requested.Have a nice day,and check your mail frequently.

D.P.Reynolds

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'm luckier than you guys.....Someone sent me a check and all I had to do is cash it and send them 2/3's of what the check was made out for and got to keep the rest for my troubles......easiest money I ever made. lol

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm at BassPro and they are now closing ..I sat 5 flats of AA's on the checkout only to discover I was pick pocketed...somebody, ANYBODY!! Please call and give them your credit card number for me tonight so I can shoot tomorrow..I promise to pay you back on ummm Tuesday with a cheesburger for interest : }

8. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Obviously a fake. Everyone knows that the UK has banned guns, so this could never have happened...
    dju