1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Warm Gloves

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JJJ, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Perhaps I am asking the impossible. Any suggestions on WARM shooting gloves that are thin enough to still feel the trigger. I know each person's ability to feel varies,but I have struck out on all my attempts to find such an item.
    Thanks, no wise crack answers,I am not in the mood.
    Joe Jordan

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I bought a pair of Under Armour gloves....I think they are for football since they have the little grippy Under Armor logos on the palms....thin enough to feel the trigger and definetly warm enough for cold days

3. indydrew

indydrew TS Member

The best I have found are actually Footjoy Wintersof golf gloves.

They are sold in almost any golf or sporting goods store for around $20 and are hands down the best "shooting gloves" I have found for use in the winter.

They come in multiple sizes, have a velcro strap to snug them up and being made for golf they have a really "grippy" palm and no bulky padding.

Give them a try, they are absolutely the best.

Happy shooting,

Drew

4. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

I bought glove "liners" at a ski shop and have found them to be warm and thin enough to feel the trigger. Very inexpensive.
    Mark

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Yup...winter golf gloves: fleece backs and synthetic "something" fronts (they say "leather"). Good feel and grip even when wet. Mine are made by "Power Bilt": $20 at the golf shop in the mall.

MK

6. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Go online and find someone who sells silk liners. We used them in Alaska under our ski gloves for warmth and feeling and they don't add to the bulk of the glove. I am pretty sure you could wear them under most of the shooting gloves I have ever used with no issues. They don't make your hands sweat either.

Good Luck,

Brownk80

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Dick's had some winter golf gloves for about $20 a few years back. Sounds similar to the ones most are talking about. I'll go a second for the silk liners. It's one extra layer of warmth with a lighter glove. I had some synthetic liners once, but they weren't the same. I haven't used the silk liners since I moved South, but they were the way to go in the northern climes.

Give me a shout and we can take a Run to Dick's one day. If I find the links for the other ones, I'll send them to you.

8. ORG

ORG Member

Army surplus wool dress glove liners. Use them for cold weather hunting all the time. No moisture buildup, and keep your fingers warm. Last time I bought some, I think they were $6.00 a pair.

9. RobPete

RobPete Member

I second the Footjoy Wintersof gloves. They get the job done(I live in Pittsburgh...tough winters!). I buy a new pair at Dick every year, for under$20.

-Rob

10. warren

warren Member

I bought some mittens with a finger hole they work pretty good.

warren

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Police Supply online sellers have a marvelous silection, and if you fish a little some are reasonable.

Better yet, if you can find the 10-X gloves that Walmart has had I would love to buy a couple pairs. They were 15 bucks and much better than the disintegrating Bob Allen 35 dollar ones.

HM

12. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I have tried just about everything and there is nothing better then having a bare finger on the trigger in my humble opinion...Try a pair of wool/Thinsulate Hybrid glove/mittens made by Thinsulate that velcro back to expose a fingerless glove...Very warm and functional....

13. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Thanks everyone for the very sensible & helpful answers. Quack Shot,I'll take you up on the offer,we could meet at Easton & go to Dick's in Salisbury. Have dinner & exchange brilliant ideas.
    JJJ

14. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms TS Supporters TS Supporters

I usually use the Grip Swell (http://www.gripswell.com/) gloves. Yes, even with the holes, they are good for shooting. I wouldn't want to depend on them for overall winter warmth, but they do an admirable job. I've often wondered why.

Also, Winter Silks (http://bit.ly/cKNNmN)specializes in silk items. I have their glove liners and they're a very nice addition to the Grip Swells.

Larry

15. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have been using light Under Armor gloves that have tiny silicone "bumps" to aid gripping. Got them at either Dick's or Cabela's.

If it is too cold for those gloves, I do not shoot ATA. For club shooting, anything that keeps it bearable for 20 minutes is all I need.

Don Verna

16. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

The best I've found are the Grip Swell insulated gloves, just get them the right size. They look like they are bulky until you put them on and shoot with them.

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Joe, You are on. Let me know when and I'll make time for it.

18. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Just saw Silk Liners in the latest Land's End catalog. $14.95/pr.

Brownk80

19. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

JJJ...If I mentioned that Boxing Gloves were inappropriate for shooting, would you consider that a wisecrack? OK, I won't mention it. Shoot well and have a good thanksgiving.

BB

20. thom

thom TS Member

+3 on the Footjoy WinterSof gloves at Dick's. The new models replaced the Velcro "snug up" system with a longer elastic stretch cuff......long enough to go up into the sleeve of your shooting jacket. Have been working out fine so far for me, but then it hasn't really gotten COLD yet.......... :)

~~~<'{{><

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are gun gloves warm
need warm gloves for trap shooting
shooting gloves with good warmth
warm gloves for shooting
warm shooring gloves

warm shooting gloves

warm weather handgun gloves

warmest shooting gloves