1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

War Vet snaps and kills friends

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow, this is a sad story. It looks like this was one person who "National Service" didn't fix, screen out, or make "more qualified" to own a weapon.

(PS - Hey Gene, looks like this guy could use a lawyer right now...)

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

If only the murderer had spent his "military career" behind a desk like Chesty, Mr. Kyle would still be alive.

-Gary

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

So...what's the technicality Gene will use to explain this little mishap...along with Timothy McVeigh, the "Allah Akbar" guy, and others?

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

He didn't snap. There is no such thing. For what ever reason (jealously, insult, flaunting his masochism, bragging, arrogance) the shooter got pissed-off. And a guy with advanced PTSS can react violently. I am a case in point and it took me many years to get over my instant physical reaction to what I perceived as an insult. Just my opinion, and I've known lots of guys with PTSS.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

shot410AA- just ignore the military haters on here like bsgun and gw.5 - they avoided serving and talk bad even of the dead

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

What are all these veterans who boarded the VA gravy train claiming "Post Traumatic Stress Disorder" gonna' do when they're denied the right to own a gun for mental health reasons?

7. g7777777

Old Cowboy

They defended you while you did whatever it is you do--

Are you insane to call vets names? you must be-- maybe china might fit you better?

How would you know what they are entitled to or not and who are you to call people gravy train vets when you know nothing about what suffering they have gone through

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I agree with Ron Paul on this one you really don't want to take somebody with PTSD to a gun range to help rehabilitate them, they have been through a lot and they could get dangerous

Back when I was in they hadn't identified it yet but there were a bunch of troops that it did effect, guess I had it for a while, back then they just told you to suck it up and get on about your business, counseling might have helped

9. 548

548 Guest

Old cowboy, that is exactly what should happen. And at the point that government paid treatment has gotten the vet back on track, the restriction should be lifted. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Gene,

I am in fact a wounded veteran of the Viet Nam war, 60% disabled from gunshot wounds to the left arm and hand, loss of use of one extremity. UH-1 helecopter crewcheif, 17th Assault helecopter company, 1967-68.......so don't tell ME your crap about who defended WHO!

In fact I too know guys who boarded the gravy train (100% disability, PTSD) and they're no crazier than I am, and at least SOME of them are gun enthusiasts and shooters. I'm wondering what they'll feel like when they realize they've traded their 2nd ammendment rights for a monthly VA disability check? Didn't these guys realize they were claiming they had pychological problems when they claimed PTSD?

John C. Saubak

Peerless, Montana

11. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

John the G man was a chairborne desk ranger that thinks he was a super hero

12. g7777777

John

Well thanks for your service and I am sorry you were hurt but don't tell me what is in their medical records because you don't know

Don't tell me how unfair it is that other vets may or may not be rated higher than you and that they are gravy train vets

And to say you should get something equal to them and not know what they are even getting or what they claim or what is in those records is ridiculous

Why don't you concentrate on your own issues

By the way it sounds just from how you are posting that maybe you should be getting a higher rating--- if you ever want me to look at that file let me know

Some of these kids have had 3-8 combat tours

Regards from Iowa

Gene

548 in general I don't find a problem with your solution as long as we can open up your medical records and see what can be found--- because if we have access to Veteran health records we need to have access to civilian ones also-- don't you think? Lets look at your discipline record and teacher comments over the years also

And of course talk to your clergy about any conversations you have had

Maybe even you should even give access to any attorney records you have that are normally not available--- lets go for those also

OK? Feel Fair 548?

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Old Cowboy... thank you for your service and sacrafice. Mine (20%)is miniscue compared to yours. However, I recommend that you never underestimate PTSD. What we faced in SE Asia is almost like training to what these kids faced in mostly closed quarters in both Iraq and Afghanistan. I appreciate each and evryone of them. God Bless our Troops!

blade819, US Army 66-68

14. 548

548 Guest

Gene, I never suggested nor do I think medical records should be "opened up". I don't even know what that means, please explain. My suggestion is that mental health providers be required to report names to the NICS system. If your name is one of those and you are in disagreement a judicial review process that is private, not public, should be administered. Currently 8 of the 50 states are not even reporting to NCIS. There is a system in place that is being ignored by the states and the public is deserving of an answer why.

15. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Gene,

How I "am posting" is not a symptom of PTSD but rather a normal reaction to some dumb SOB who hasn't a clue calling my service into question.

John

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Bwahahahahah! -- Chesty the pencil pusher runs his yapper to the wrong person and get b!t@h slapped handily by a real combat veteran, LMAO! Never met anyone who actually fought in a war and wasn't suing the government, huh Chesty? Here's a clue -- they generally have scant tolerance for desk jockey pretenders who voted for Obama and want to negotiate away our 2nd amendment rights.

Oh man, I'm laughing so hard it actually hurts. Whew! Thank you Old Cowboy!!

-Gary

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Old Cowboy,

Thanks for your service. Somebody who parlayed a desk-jockey job into a remunerative career suing the taxpayer has no business attempting to carry the jockstrap of someone like you.

Regards from Indiana

buzzy

18. racer

racer TS Member

Ron Paul deserves a punch in the mouth for what he said before the questions about helping the PTSD Vet- "Live by the sword, die by the sword" is what he tweeted first- Dan

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank you fella's for your support. Yeah, I don't doubt that there's a few veterans who suffer from psychological issues brought on or perhaps aggravated by their service but believe me there's a WHOLE bunch of just plain fraud in the whole PTSD VA disability gravy train department, enabled by left wing REMF's like our friend GN7777777. Ya'know if them boys wanna' turn around and put the big green weinie back to the gov't then I'll just stand out'a the way and let the good times roll...........and if the gov't bites 'em in the ass with the background check/psycho issue, "denied" thing then what can I say? Maybe they should'a been more careful who they bedded down with?

John C. Saubak

20. g7777777

cowboy- I have a lot of PMs from other vets asking if you are a real person or one of bboys or gw.5 friends because they cant believe you are a veteran and complaining about veterans receiving disability as gravy train vets

Does anyone here actually know you in person? I am just curious

Again I think you for your service and sacrifice but remind you that if a veteran has various disabilities and or PTSD that they are entitled-- I say again entitled to disability or health care or whatever and should have your support also.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.