1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

War Department Field Manuals WW II

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Steve Marengo, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Steve Marengo

Steve Marengo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Steve Marengo

Steve Marengo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

$55.00 to your door.

3. Steve Marengo

Steve Marengo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

4. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

bb63, now my curiosity has been awakened, since mapping was my line of work for 27 years. Do you folks study the maps for general content or historical use?

mkmapper@sbcglobal.net

5. Steve Marengo

Steve Marengo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

6. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

bb63, USGS field party chief. MCMC in Rolla. Actually, I was rarely in Rolla, but that was headquarters. We sort of had to learn it all, except photogrammetry and we did do a bit of that for shapes when field compiling, using a Sketchmaster. I started out with a blank metal mount, running around a quarter section until I got it right. We did about everything, from time to time. Fortunately, our work was compiled on painted mylar and scribed to let light shine through. I was never a very good inker, in college or USGS. I still have a German stereoscope that someone(probably Dan Kennedy) liberated in WWII. I was part of the crew that did the first ortho-maps. We were really proud of them.
    We did it first, then gave the stuff away. Google hopped on it.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    One of my hobbies is researching old maps. First for ground proofing abandoned railroad lines in Oregon. Particularly logging railroads. Second, for researching the Korean War. Third, another hobby is waterfall photography, so I also pour over all maps I can find that would show waterfalls in Oregon, especially topo, USfS, state forest and BLM maps. Many of these maps are getting old, but yikes, these agencies have jacked their map prices up. What used to be about $40 in USFS maps is now closer to $200.

8. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

Yeah Brian, they are getting to be cheapskates lately. We used to get free maps, especially ones we authored. I now hear we have to pay for them.
    I was offered DVDs of our maps for free, but I didn't have anything to play them on back then. Dumbkauf me.
    bb63, there were a number of times I would have traded jobs with you. I did not know many of the Menlo Park guys, but did know some Denver folks and Eastern too. I have several section corner stories.

9. Steve Marengo

Steve Marengo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

10. Steve Marengo

Steve Marengo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

11. Steve Marengo

Steve Marengo Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0