1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting to buy a 22-250

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bob31, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob31

bob31 TS Member

I'm looking to buy a 22-250 new or used...anybody have one for sale?

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Buy a Savage with the laminated stock. You won't have to do anything to make it shoot well. Use 50 grain V-max bullets and you're good to go. Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, the Savage is the most accurate rifle you can purchse.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

OICU812:

Is yours an XTR? I had a push feed 223, liked it a lot. The barrel contour was a bit light but I shot the gun for about 5 years. email me.

I'm looking for a heavy barrel 22-250.

Also have a Colt Sauer if anyone wants a high grade rifle, Kikon scope, etc.

HM

4. halfmile

Ok, thanks. I'm just leaving for league banquet.

HM

5. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Bob31, I have a Savage 110E 22-250 in MINT condition. I will say it might have been fired and let you decide if it has not. I'm asking $325.00 on the gun + shipping.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm waiting for the 2008 Savage Model 10 Predator Hunter in .22-250. The 2007 Models (still available as a package gun) have a blind magazine. The 2008 model will have a detachable box mag. This gun has a 22" medium weight barrel, oversize bolt knob for use with gloves, a synthetic stock, Accu-Trigger, and the whole thing is camo'd. I bought my son one in .223.

7. BustClays

BustClays Member

I've got a kimber, nice varmint wt. fluted stainless barrel, great piece of wood, also some ammo to sell. If interested, let me know and I will send pix and we can offer up a price. Send me an email. I am in FL.
    bustclays

8. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Will the most accurate rifle ever built be built on a walnut stock? A nice walnut stock? Hmm.

Jake

9. HOT-HAMMER

HOT-HAMMER TS Member

I vote for the Kimber, I have it in 223(PRO-VARMIT), one of the best rifles I have ever owned.....Rick

10. halfmile

In the Trapshooting Hall of fame museum:

World record group, fired by none other than tome Seitz with a 22-250. 10 shots in the same hole, looks like one shot with smmoky edges.

I saw the target in the display along with the unfinished receiver he was working on at the time of his death.

Is the rifle more accurate than that? LOL. Maybe it can fire 22 bullets and make a 17 hole. J/K

HM

11. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have an early Remington 700 BDL Varmint model 22-250. Very nice condition (wood & metal) with 20X Unertl Varmint scope. E-mail me if interested.

12. wm rike

wm rike Member

Jake - about walnut stocks: A friend's son shoots smallbore pretty well - won the position match at Camp Perry (for the xth time), second or third in the prone. Couple of world rcords and can't count the national records. He is all business. The gun is an Anshutz, of course. Anyway, He won't touch the laminated or aluminum stocks. Wood is good!

13. HOT-HAMMER

HOT-HAMMER TS Member

Gordy, I hope you didnt cut it in CHINA, realy like the laminated wood on the Kimber but I wish it was checkered its a little slick.....Rick

14. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Bob31, I sent you and email. Did you get it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.