1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted trap gun for jr. girl shooter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Stephen Gasper, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen Gasper

Stephen Gasper TS Member

Want to buy trap gun for Nebraska Jr. Girl shooter prefer BT-99 micro plus but will consider others. Stephen Gasper

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You might want to consider a Beretta 3901 Target. It has a 28" barrel, mobile choke (IC), adj comb, 12" LOP with two spacers to add to the LOP as the shooter grows. $850.00 plus shipping.
    Mike Battista

3. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I have to agree with Mike on this gun for female Jr. high shooters. We had kids practice last night and one of the girls was reminding her dad that at the fun shoot, I loaned her my 3901 and, she beat her dad badly. Both of the girls shot it well from the stock setup without adjustments. My most improved female shooter was shooting her 3901 for the second year. Grown ladies with smaller hands like this gun to. This would be a gun you could buy once and use for several different kids. NO, I am not a Beretta rep, NO, I don't sell new guns. Mike does. IMHO

4. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Wally is selling Beretta 390 synthetic/ 26" barrell for $529 or so. Just another option.

5. omahasportingsupply

SKG

I saw a BT99 Micro Plus 30" sell for $1625 at the state high school shoot in Doniphan. The state shoot is only 2 weeks away and you will find some guns there. My jr. high girls like the Beretta 3901 if they are smaller. Gun cost a lot less than you can find a BT Micro Plus for and has little kick. Omaha

6. omahasportingsupply

J.D. I was at Guns Unlimited today and could not find a Krieghoff KS5 for anywhere near $1700. So where is it cheaper (note spelling) my man? I am going to tell your math teacher on you. LOL There were some SKBs there, but they went from $2000 to $3800 dollars. That new math!

7. bnz 41

bnz 41 TS Member

I have an extra 1100 trap that I've been thinking of selling. It's an older model with-OUT the step rib. It's got a 30inch full-choked barrel and very nice wood and metal. I'd sell it for $425 plus I'm in Nebraska so we could meet and avoid shipping and transfer fees.

E-mail me if you're interested. xxjeff_janda@yahoo.comxx (get rid of the x's.)

Jeff

8. Mr. Professional

Mr. Professional TS Member

The SKB shotguns have some sort of a plastic cocking rod... my buddies broke on him twice and he sold it, but he shot it about 3 times a week.

Keep your eyes peeled for a BT99 or the BT99 plus, they are extremely dependable, the recoil is not bad for a younger shooter, (my son shot a BT99 for many years and has broke many high nineties scores with it, but now has a K-32) and Browning still makes the parts.

The plus model would be better for a younger shooter because they are all adjustable and they usualy have a recoil reduction system built right in, which is a cherry on the cake for the kids.

If you wanted an automatic, the beretta 3091 is a good gun, so is the 391. An 1100 is a good gun as well, but I don't like automatics personaly because of the cleaning of them, and I am too picky on keeping my guns clean, (I guess, lol)

A Browning BT99 will run you about 1000 for a good one and a little more with one that has the plus package.... usualy.

Mr. pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.