1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted to Buy Youth 20ga trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bob31, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob31

bob31 TS Member

Looking for a youth 20ga trap if anyone wants to sell one email me. Thanks Bob

2. NTASMGR

NTASMGR TS Member

I have a Remington 870 youth model 20ga. stock has been cut and a Gooey pad installed. My daughter discovered boys so she lost interest in shooting. Gun has less than 500 rounds thru it. Let me know I will get more info if needed.

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

You may wish to save that shotgun in the event those boys start to discover a bit more about your daughter than you care for!

Jeff

4. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

You would be better off staying with a 12ga more guns around and a far better choice of ammo and the recoil is far less with the 12ga with the right ammo and the new shooter would not be at a disadvantage.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

A light, short, handy 20 ga will kick the taste out of your mouth! The youth model 870 is brutal!

Find a 12 ga gaspipe. Beretta makes a good one with factory stock contoured for younger shooters. I believe it is the 3901, IIRC. When she outgrows it, you will not take a hit on an altered firearm.

6. NTASMGR

NTASMGR TS Member

Already got that one covered on the boys. Told her that they will be told " SON YA KNOW I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM GOIN BACK TO PRISON" right after I show them my gun room.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

silverdollarfirearms.com has a 3901 reduced length in stock, also has full size stock for same gun, buy both now, have something to grow into.

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My 20 gauge Remington auto 11-87 weighs just over 7 1/4 pounds. It kicks far less than my 11-87 12 gauge. You can drop down to 7/8 ounce in a 12 but I can drop down to 3/4 of an ounce in my 20. You can also do that with a 12 but you have gained nothing over the 20. For any shooting where I want reduced recoil I grab my 20. With the added R3 pad it is a pleasure to shoot. The other advantage of a 20 over a 12 is the overall smaller dimensions. The 12 always feels big after shooting the 20. It is true that a light 20 will kick the snot out of you just like a light 12 will. Light guns are fine for upland gunning but brutal at the gun range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.