1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"WANTED TO BUY"---Red Dot Sight---

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jm1079, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

I have a tasco optima 200 with a ruger mark 1/11 mount. pm me if you are interested. jm

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

the tasco is out of production and all plastic. I recently tried the Burris on a friends slug gun. it seemed well built and made from metal. I do not know if optics are plastic or glass

3. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

oops. i meant tasco optima 2000. jm

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

lots of guys have the EOTechs on the ARs and hyped up ruger 10/22s. These are a bit pricy 500 series start 400.00 up. Have seen many on ebay. There are many less exspensive brands out there?????? Seems its cheap or $$$$$$. not much in the middle ground. I have a old style red dot scop tasco. not to bad if you can keep your head in the right spot. The burris I tried was great.You just needed to get some part of your vission through the optic and it was on. When shooting 2 eyes with it I did not even see the "sight" just a red circle floating in the air.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What are you putting it on? I have an EOTech 552 on my Remington R-15 coyote rifle. Works very well for low light, and it has no parallax. Under very bright light, like sunlit snow or desert conditions, the battery life is short, even on the enhanced electronics models like mine. The AA cell models are thus more desirable than the N cell models. Most models have a 65 MOA circle around a 1 MOA dot. It's actually a 3/4 MOA dot, but most people see it as a 1 MOA dot.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

sights are by no means my thing. I only have one scoped gun. 30 06 for hunting which I have not done in 15 years. "leopold" sp? I have had an interest in these type of sights and did a little home work. Unloader i believe the speed bead and fast fire are the same unit, just a different mounting. Check out Burris site above. This is the happy medium I found in my search for this type of sight. I bought a cheaper one for 89.00 sucks. I sent it back to the factory and received a gift card in return. Non repairable/no replacements. I do not even see the brand name anymore in the store. They where a tasco knock off Tapeo or something. got it at K mart years ago before the closed up around here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.