1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted solid rib model 42

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by bundy4, Jul 13, 2013.

1. bundy4

bundy4 Member

0   0   0

Hi, I am looking for a solid rib 42 that has not been refinished. Please, no recoil pads or compensators. Thanks, Ray 925 283 5638

2. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Do you want original? What choke and barrel length?

3. fnj682

fnj682 Member

0   0   0

Excuse my ignorance. How would you get a 42 that has not been refinished to be any other than original?

4. bundy4

bundy4 Member

0   0   0

Yes, I want a pre 64 Winchester model 42 with a solid rib. Not a reproduction gun. I am looking for a gun with original Winchester finish but it can be 80% or better, it does not have to be in mint condition. As far as barrel length and choke 28' with Mod. or full would be best. Thanks again, Ray

5. eightbore

0   0   0

Well, excuse me too. There are many ways a 42 can not be original without being refinished. You didn't mention percent of original finish you are seeking or the barrel configuration. You are obviously a newby ripe for picking. Let the games begin. By the way, how much are you willing to spend?

6. bundy4

bundy4 Member

0   0   0

Eightbore, you seem have confused me with fnj682. I think I have been pretty clear on what Im looking for. Ray

7. fnj682

fnj682 Member

0   0   0

Eightbore,

I apologize that my poking a little fun might have been misunderstood.
    Bundy4 wants a solid ribbed 42 that has not been refinished. That would imply original rib to me. Just trying to give a little bump.

Bundy4,

Posting a price range might give you a little more response. Beware of guns with barrel inscriptions that don't match up in the guns' serial number range (re-barrel). Original solid ribbed guns are getting to be few and farther between.

Good luck on your quest.

8. eightbore

0   0   0

Yup, I confused you too guys. I still think someone is ripe for picking if he doesn't know his 42s. They are getting up there and fakes are rampant. Julia sold a plain solid rib skeet with remarked chamber marking for $6900 in the last auction. Prewar solid rib fields are even scarcer than the skeets. Be careful.

9. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have exactly what you are looking for but it is not for sale.
    I paid $1400.00 for it about 10 yrs. ago and I consider it one of my smarter investments.
    And for a .410 it sure breaks trap targets.