1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanted!!! Shotgun stock blanks

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I am looking for reasonably priced blocks of wood to make stocks out of. good quality black walnut or myrtle wood would be preferable but open to other types. In my opinion paying $1000 for a block of wood at the big named companies is ridiculous. especially since they haven't done any work except cut the wood and are making all the profit. I have spent 6 hours today searching the web for gun stocks and haven't found a piece of wood worth what they were asking for it. any with a hunk of wood lying around let me know.

2. Guy

Guy Member

0   0   0

Call Cecil Fredi in Las Vegas. He has tons in all price ranges....and a straight shooter too. Google for phone.

3. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I have blank that I would sell. Don't know if it might be what you are looking for. Several months ago I started the process to restock a K32. Ended up with one extra set. Email - see above - if you want pictures and price.

Noel

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I have two sets i will sell very reasonable. One is a claro walnut with great figure and the other set is english walnut with great figure. Both are dry and i can send pics if you want. I will take 150.00 per set.

5. 100straight

100straight Member

0   0   0

I have some roughed stocks that are drilled through the center, but not inletted to any particular gun. They are factory seconds, but I feel they are all usable. They would also make excellent stocks to practice inletting or checkering on. I think I have about 20 of them left, and would sell the whole bunch for $200 plus shipping.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

6. John Macfarlaine

John Macfarlaine TS Member

0   0   0

If you are ever in England drop me a line.We have 2045 pieces of 300 year old French Walnut taken in 1971. Some of pieces go on fine English sidelocks but I have a few dozen pieces at reasonable prices.

7. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have thirty plus two piece sets of Myrtlewood that I have graded as utility. All are sound and ready to work. Prices are $40.00 to $100.00, with the $100.00 sets displaying pretty good feather for "utility grade" wood. I'll even let you cherry pick. Email me at above address and I will send you a DVD with pictures. You won't find a better deal anywhere. When I buy 'em right, I offer 'em right.

Mike Mann

ATA Life 07-34685, PITA Life 01630
    NRA President's Council
    White Creek Gunstock Blanks
    Your Myrtlewood Source

[​IMG]

#52 will cost you $50.00, you pay for the shipping.

[​IMG]

#82 price is $100.00, you pay for the transport.

8. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Mr.M what are the dementions of the #82 blank I am very interested in that one.
    the piece of wood I am looking for is going to go on a ljutic with a high rib so the hieght of the blank is very important. I need a stock that is at least 2 1/2' thick x 8 1/2' wide at the back x 16' long.

9. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Dimensions of all in 32 blanks in the utility series are twenty inches long x seven inches high at the butt x 2 3/8 inches thick. I have several hundred at eight inches high and a full three inches thick, including about 40 that are 9 inches high, but all of those are green, fresh cut. I'll look through my old rifle inventory and let you know if I find your measurements at a reasonable price.

Mike Mann

10. Beretta Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

thank you very much mike. I appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.